Media A Frustrated Neil Magny turns Heel, says Leon is "Easier Fight" for Chimaev

It's because I don't agree with what you call "the hard truth". You seem to think people value finishes over beating legit competition, but let me ask you this: if Khamzat gets embarrassed by Edwards, then embarrassed by Magny, then went on to finish another regional level can, do you think people would care about his finishes that much? I don't think they would, because to me, the 'hard truth" is that competition level matters, that's why Neil Magny is still relevant, where as guys like Mike perry and lando vanata are largely fading away into obscurity despite having cooler finishes.

Finishes only matter in the sense that fans think the fighter might have potential to do well against relevant fighters. If they can't do well against relevant fighters, than fans aren't interested. In that since, facing relevant competition is what matters more than finishes. Khamzat is only NOW getting his chance to prove himself, and if he can't, then he'll likely fade away too, once again proving that strength of competition is the most important factor here.

Between Neil and Khamzat, only neil has met all of these requirements, so to me the people praising Khamzat while looking down on Neil here are all off base or not looking at the big picture.

This is the actual reality of the situation.

You really are getting emotional about this haha. You're proving my point, you're so bothered you can't see we sit on the same side of the fence, and that I never disagreed with anything you said, this all stems from a disagreement you have with me because you don't like what I said. Which is fine, but whose getting stressed out so far? You're the Magny fan, I'm looking at this as objectively as I can, we can play Hypothetic's all we want, but the hard truth is Khamzat is fighting a Higher Ranked opponent than Magny. It's certainly not an alternative fact so good like trying to " " me on that.

No back and fourth will change that, what don't you understand about that? It's not about whether you're right or wrong, it's about accepting the fact that Mangy got passed up because Khamzat has hype what is so hard to understand about that?

You're good bud, keep fighting the good fight, but from where I see things, you're just getting bothered by things you can't control for no real good reason. Exchanging words with me is not going to change that the UFC is doing something you don't like. Is what they're doing short sighted? possibly, they've put themselves in a Win-Win, do they care as of right now? No.

For the UFC, if Khamzat wins, holy shit, they've got the next big thing on their hands, if Khamzat loses, they can write it off as him losing to ELITE level competition, it's a win win for them as they can chose whatever narrative they want to dictate where Leon goes after that.

Even DC has expressed similar concerns with how the UFC will treat Leon should he win, but let me guess, you know more than DC, a categorized Shill? I never even said Magny hasn't beaten legit names either please stop acting like I think Magny sucks, or is undeserving. I challenge you to "quote" me on that.

Last edited:
I can see this. Leon is a better fighter, but Magny is super durable. I think it's easier to finish Leon than Magny I think. And more to gain from a win

And you base that upon? Edwards has never been finished.

You really are getting emotional about this haha. You're proving my point, you're so bothered you can't see we sit on the same side of the fence, and that I never disagreed with anything you said, this all stems from a disagreement you have with me because you don't like what I said. Which is fine, but whose getting stressed out so far? You're the Magny fan, I'm looking at this as objectively as I can, we can play Hypothetic's all we want, but the hard truth is Khamzat is fighting a Higher Ranked opponent than Magny. It's certainly not an alternative fact so good like trying to " " me on that.

No back and fourth will change that, what don't you understand about that? It's not about whether you're right or wrong, it's about accepting the fact that Mangy got passed up because Magny has hype what is so hard to understand about that?

You're good bud, keep fighting the good fight, but from where I see things, you're just getting bothered by things you can't control for no real good reason. Exchanging words with me is not going to change that the UFC is doing something you don't like. Is what they're doing short sighted? possibly, they've put themselves in a Win-Win, do they care as of right now? No.

For the UFC, if Khamzat wins, holy shit, they've got the next big thing on their hands, if Khamzat loses, they can write it off as him losing to ELITE level competition, it's a win win for them as they can chose whatever narrative they want to dictate where Leon goes after that.

Even DC has expressed similar concerns with how the UFC will treat Leon should he win, but let me guess, you know more than DC, a categorized Shill? I never even said Magny hasn't beaten legit names either please stop acting like I think Magny sucks, or is undeserving. I challenge you to "quote" me on that.

I feel like you got me all wrong and you're applying weird attributes to me in order to attack them. It is odd and kind of condescending to be honest, but you be you.

1. I'm not a Magny fan. I like the guy well enough and respect his work rate, but to call me a fan is a stretch.
2. I like that Khamzat is facing Edwards. I have no problem with this.
3. The only problem I have is when people downplay Magny for losing to elite guys like Maia, RDA, and Ponzi, while simultaneously praising khamzat for beating...?
4. My main point was that you were wrong with your "hard truth", and you're agreeing now that finishes aren't the most important—they're only important if you can also beat relevant competition, thus beating good competition is the most important thing here. Magny has done all of these things. I understand why the UFC is favoring khamzat at the moment—they're striking while the iron is hot. I haven't disagreed with anything you've said other than your criticism of Magny and your notion that "finishes" are seemingly more important than beating good competition.

I think we're on the same page now.

Last edited:
I feel like you got me all wrong and you're applying weird attributes to me in order to attack them. It is odd and kind of condescending to be honest, but you be you.

1. I'm not a Magny fan. I like the guy well enough and respect his work rate, but to call me a fan is a stretch.
2. I like that Khamzat is facing Edwards. I have no problem with this.
3. The only problem I have is when people downplay Magny for losing to elite guys like Maia, RDA, and Ponzi, while simultaneously praising khamzat for beating...? This is short sighted in my opinion
4. My main point was that you were wrong with your "hard truth", and you're agreeing now that finishes aren't the most important—they're only important if you can also beat relevant competition, thus beating good competition is the most important thing here. Magny has done all of these things. I understand why the UFC is favoring khamzat at the moment—they're striking while the iron is hot.

I think we're on the same page now.

Copy copy, maybe I am stupid, I'm not above admitting I might be reading things wrong, because to be honest you are coming off as a COMPLETE Magny mark, as your replies seem to think I don't agree with you, but I'll follow this formula as well. I might be pulling an Alex Jones who knows haha.

tenor.gif

1. Already addressed, possibly read that wrong, it's commendable you respect him, and I have never looked at you cross for respecting a Class fighter in Magny.

2. Sounds like you do...or more or less not a fan of the narratives surrounding the fight, which is fine, there's always narratives that's going to be created that we don't like, but in the end of the day the UFC makes the decisions, we as the fans than go from there. But it is Clear that UFC is long gaming, they can easily screw Leon over should he win, and pass it off for Khamzat, people in the UFC have already expressed this as I said.

3. I did laugh at the fact that he got subbed by RDA, but not in a "Haha Mangy sucks kind of way" but in a LOL Wtf kind of way, I think we can both agree that some people might have found that funny. I saw the fight live because I was interested to see how Magny would do. He gets dropped by a Leg Kick and subbed. My reaction wasn't some judgment on his skills, more it was on how the finish happened as I NEVER would have expected it to go down that way. As for Ponzinibbio, GUILT as charged in that case, I AM a Poniznibbio fan, so I do be throwing that Gif out there from time to time, I'm not gonna lie. With that said though, Ponzinibbio is LEGIT as well, he's a ghost, but losing to him isn't a knock on Magny. I was just stoked to see Ponzi starch the fuck out of him. I'm a fan, I'm guilty of this haha.

4. We'll have to agree to disagree about the Hard Truth lol. I still stand by my stance of Finishes get people talking which is what Khamzat did, he than capitalized on that and started saying he's gonna smash everybody, it was a combination of Finishes and him being the Heel. I refuse to see it any other way because right now people don't like the Push he is receiving and will be tuning in to see if he's legit or to see Edwards show him there's levels. Playing on that Entertainment we don't fully agree with.

We SHOULD be on the same page, it's okay to disagree, but yeah I'm not above admitting I can be wrong, Internet Pride isn't worth much, if you're not getting emotional, aye, I'll hold the L. I'm not perfect.

Don't think this means I didn't mean what I said in the DM either haha. In 30 minutes Tops, I'll likely forget about this, respect your stance, and move on lol.

Edit: I was gonna say whose the Like Cheerleader, but it's another Oldhead with an account twice the age of my Baby Brother haha.

<Fedor23>

I forget we got a lot of Boomers that are UFC fans lol.

I haven’t read any of the responses in this thread, but I like Magny’s angle here. First off, Neil is a really good person and was raising his hand to fight Chimaev when seemingly everyone else wasn’t willing to fight him. Good for Magny self-promoting a little.

Neil is a hard fight and he doesn't make anyone look good. Leon edwards is a point fighter, but Khamzat could dominate leon and look good.

Hes right Chimaev ducked the a nobody to fight a title contender fighter lolololol

Back