A few UFC on Fox 5 predictions.

akproplayer

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Henderson vs Diaz - Diaz historically has problems with strong fighters, look for Benson to take him down early & often. Henderson by decision.

MacDonald vs Penn - I love BJ but he's only won 1 of his last 5 fights. To state more of the obvious BJ is naturally a LW & Rory is a huge WW who will probably end up a MW at some point. I hope I'm wrong but MacDonald by decision.

Rua vs Gustafsson - Hype machines haven't been fairing well lately, see Travis Browne & Erik Silva. Gustafsson hasn't fought anyone of Shogun's caliber, I know if the worst version of Shogun shows up Gus has a chance. I just have this gut feeling that killer Rua is coming, I'm going too really go for it here & say Gus get's KO'd in the 1st.

your analysis for Rua vs Gus, same could be said about Penn/Rory, has Rory ever fought anyone on BJs level, dont think so

i got

all opposites of u

Diaz

Gus

Penn

#CatSmasher Knows

your analysis for Rua vs Gus, same could be said about Penn/Rory, has Rory ever fought anyone on BJs level, dont think so

i got

all opposites of u

Diaz

Gus

Penn

#CatSmasher Knows

Rory did have a close fight with Condit until he got TKO'd & beat Nate Diaz, that's better competition than Gus has had.

All good points. On paper these fights all seem so close. If I had to pick it would be

Diaz/BJ/Rua.

I like Hendo, but I think Nate is going to get to the next level in this fight. I doubt he's going to submit Hendo, but I see him winning at least 3 rounds with his boxing.

I think Rory is a little overrated, and BJ has great TDD. BJ by RNC round 2 ala Joe Stevenson/BJ.

Rua/Gus...like OP, I see the "killer rua" coming for this fight. TKO late round 2.

Bendo
Guff
Rory
Swick

funny i could copy and paste my reply in around 8 threads at the moment.

I honestly don't know how to call the three main fights.

What BJ and Shogun will show up?

Bendo has been in two close fights with Frankie and often ends up in submission attempts, this is not a good idea against Diaz, however, when Diaz loses it is traditionally against wrestlers (Joe Daddy, Guida, DHK).

My head says Bendo, Gus and Rory.

My heart says Diaz, Shogun and Baby Jay.

gotta go with bj, he beat the #2 and BOTH #1 wws in ufc, who has rory beat? oh yea thats right, he LOST to condit

and gus couldn't finish silva, how's he gonna stop shogun? thats right, he cant. Shogun KTFO round 1

and diaz 1,2,5

Last edited:
Henderson vs Diaz - Diaz historically has problems with strong fighters, look for Benson to take him down early & often. Henderson by decision.

MacDonald vs Penn - I love BJ but he's only won 1 of his last 5 fights. To state more of the obvious BJ is naturally a LW & Rory is a huge WW who will probably end up a MW at some point. I hope I'm wrong but MacDonald by decision.

Rua vs Gustafsson - Hype machines haven't been fairing well lately, see Travis Browne & Erik Silva. Gustafsson hasn't fought anyone of Shogun's caliber, I know if the worst version of Shogun shows up Gus has a chance. I just have this gut feeling that killer Rua is coming, I'm going too really go for it here & say Gus get's KO'd in the 1st.

We agree on all 3 accounts, good work! :cool:

Thats how I see Shogun and Bendo going, both win. Although I have a good feeling about the BJ fight that he will win and win by TKO. I dont think Rory is as good or as tough as he's made out to be.

Thats how I see Shogun and Bendo going, both win. Although I have a good feeling about the BJ fight that he will win and win by TKO. I dont think Rory is as good or as tough as he's made out to be.

I hope your right about Rory, I'll be cheering BJ on I just can't bet on him.

Doesn't matter what version of Shogun shows up he has very little for Gus, unless 24 year old Shogun shows up. Shogun fans severely underrate Gus. Kid is going to open some eyes on Saturday, or maybe not because people will just say it was out of shape Shogun.

I can't see Benson or Rory losing, but as much as I want to see Shogun get beat up again I feel like that fight is really hard to call. I will definitely not put money on that one.

yea i agree about bendo, real close fight but if he doesnt get hurt, he can def use his cardio and takedowns

macdonald i think will get the stoppage bc he'll get top position like hughes and drop bombs

guistaffson shogun not sure

Back