A day in the life of a grappler, Nick Diaz

-Montanha-

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Aug 5 2007

Jason Sale

"Nick Diaz finishes the Vineman Full Triathlon (ironman), in Sonoma County Ca. 2.4 mi swim 112 mi bike and 26.2 mi run!
36th overall and 3RD in his age group!!! PROPS TO NICK!!"

Nick Diaz Stockton, CA 24 M 3

Swim 01:02:55.1 Bike 05:41:57.0 Run 04:45:40.5

Finish 11:35:08.2

Takis Katsoulis

was talking to nick about this last night.. i think it would be great if he could get a starting spot at kona(which is normally really really hard to get)..

whats crazy was how he was just fine last night. normally after a full ironman people are laid up for a week, like they were in a car wreck or something. instead he was going toe to toe with nathan in the ring..

Bill Hotter

I heard Cesar say something like, "He didn't want to push himself too hard. He could have placed even higher."

--Unbelievable!!

A little cool down with some MMA sparring...lol

Quadathlon!!

Nick is definntly an intense compettr in and out of fighting/Bjj

Sweet. Congrats to Diaz! Doing a Triathlon is very impressive!

Damn, a full ironman. Last I heard, he was doing half ironmans. A full ironman, I can't even comprehend how hard that would be.

Diaz has an insane work ethic. This dude is mad underrated as an athlete.

My brother did a triathalon a wile back.. it took hime months of training - and he hasnt done one sense.

He rides, swims, and runs often... but doing a triathalon is more then just that........ just like bjj or any other sport.. to be good at it.. you have to do it every day.......... all day

that's amazing. I read that he was into the stuff, but damn. respect.

I've heard that the Diaz brothers train like animals, every day for hours per day. It shows in their skill.

Just talked to my coworker who is a fitness freak and is training to do his first ironman this oct:

He verified Diaz's results off of the web and said they were pretty awesome (not pro-level though). He also said there should be pictures soon on the Vineman website of all the participants. I'll try to post them when they go up.

The best part is that he doesn't even spend all his time training for such events, he does this on top of his MMA and BJJ work. Amazing.

I got ten bucks that they would of DQ'd him if they had preformed a drug test.

I got ten bucks that they would of DQ'd him if they had preformed a drug test.

I knew it wouldn't take long to get that response. We all have a good sense of humor at Cesar's school. In a way Nick has a cult status on the Heavyweight forum because of "you know what". That's fine. We can all laugh about it.

At least we can educate some people with this thread. Nick is not on the couch eating Doritos and Twinkies every day before practice. I hope one day someone does a "behind the scene" story on him. I think people would be surprised.

Training is not what he does; it's who he is.

i have some new-found respect for the man, that is intense

(not to say that there was a reason to have any disrespect... but i am just a gomi-nuthugger)

thats how i know that i couldnt ever become an elite fighter...shit, i drink too much beer and i accept that

Back