A Couple of takedowns

i liked both links. your coaches did a good job of showing stuff that builds off of other techniques/positions.

i liked the first shoulder throw for the change in angle. the ankle pick off of a deep underhook is cool also, so often when you get a underhook a guy pulls his other side away from you like that. a very nice option.

ive always felt like the highcrotch to double is the best way to secure a double in submission wrestling/mma.

Great stuff, Brian. Thanks for posting these videos. Just like elbigsam, I really liked your coaches' way of building off other positions. It seems like they are making sure you aren't just learning a "move" but you're learning options from wherever you end up.

second one in the first vid was my fav. takedown, got the fatboys with that every time!

that first set up and Japanese whip was the TRUTH!!!! the set up was slick, and the breakdown of the three clamps was sweet.

Good stuff. The setup in the first one is awesome.

One point I'd disagree on in the second: I think the pick is more powerful on the heel than on the ankle. The lower the better; ideally, I like my hand touching the mat. This may just be a preference, but I'll throw it out for experimentation.

Hey Broski,

Hudson Valley MMA
What are their prices? Especially interested in the wrestling classes.

Thanks.

Badass. I like the high crotch to double. Gonna try that tomorrow.

high c to double is MONEY.

ps: it's more important to be in really tight (think of his leg as a shoulder strap) than it is to switch quickly to a double.

Hey Broski,

Hudson Valley MMA
What are their prices? Especially interested in the wrestling classes.

Thanks.

We are Precision MMA Home

First 30 Days are FREE

You also get a FREE private lesson with me

Give us a call 845-255-3318

Back