• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A City With No Kids

No, because the problems we have are caused by our inherent nature, not by children.

They already have these, they're called "adult" communities/buildings.

Say there was a Island were young adults( say college age) were taken to live out there life. Say they got fixed before they went there and went on their own knowing they could never have kids. So it aint like no prison or nothing, just a place were people could live out their live without the distraction of childern or burden of childern on their society. How do you think the society would work. Do you think it would it would strive or fail. Could a society without the worries of childern come together and solve the world's problems or would it have the same problem with people climbing on top of each other to reach the top?
From my experience of living around high concentrations of college-aged adults, your proposed island melting pot looks like a recipe for hippy stew.

4981d70b-3f3e-41df-a694-26567076a274-2060x1236.jpeg

Children just seem really stupid and dopey these days. So I'd probably go.

they still would be. A child needs care and love and teachings, that takes time away from the young adults. Time they could chose to use to solve world problems. This is a World without childern, but a self sustained city. A socety that chose to move forward with a live were childern are not part of the daily active.

How do you think their socicty would end up. Would they sucess at everything they seek to do or would they fail. What kids of people would they be without giving love to kids or recieving love from kids.

There is a two-fold flaw in the underlined:
1) The option to live childless in today's is available. If someone wants to fix society without distractions, they can eliminate children, relationships, physical activity, and numerous other attentions. If they're not living like this now to fix the world, why reason is there to think that they would fix the world without these distractions and surrounded by others with the same opportunity (who may or may not be doing the same.)
2) A separate society will solve problems inherent to that society that may or may not exist in another and may not be able to recognize the problems another society has. We see this now as various cultures seek to "correct" others in vain.
2a) Just because a solution is found, does not mean a solution is implemented/executed. The food drops from USA/Africa/We Are the World were left to rot, stolen or destroyed. I'm sure nobody would be surprised if Flint, Michigan could have drinkable water but somebody isn't getting paid right or won't get the solution accredited to them so they've stonewalled it.

It will be the same. Without the burden of children, people might be able to live up to their dreams more or as you say climb on top of each other more.

Weren't you a child once?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was thinking about including this is my post. I hated kids even when I was a kid. I remember being like 7 years old in school and the teacher would leave the room and all the kids would start acting an ass and I would fucking facepalm and think to myself Christ I'm surrounded by idiots. Or watching a movie and people would kiss and all the kids would go OOOOOOOOO. Fucking super facepalm. I was always a very mature child. That's why I was always placed in GT classes immediately at any school I would go to.

Say there was a Island were young adults( say college age) were taken to live out there life. Say they got fixed before they went there and went on their own knowing they could never have kids. So it aint like no prison or nothing, just a place were people could live out their live without the distraction of childern or burden of childern on their society. How do you think the society would work. Do you think it would it would strive or fail. Could a society without the worries of childern come together and solve the world's problems or would it have the same problem with people climbing on top of each other to reach the top?

It would be completely artificial, reliant on future generations emigrating in from outside. It could never exist naturally as there would never be another generation to replace aging people.

Sure it would work, as long as there were an outside place to steal/buy/import new young people from.

they still would be. A child needs care and love and teachings, that takes time away from the young adults. Time they could chose to use to solve world problems. This is a World without childern, but a self sustained city. A socety that chose to move forward with a live were childern are not part of the daily active.

How do you think their socicty would end up. Would they sucess at everything they seek to do or would they fail. What kids of people would they be without giving love to kids or recieving love from kids.

With that caveat you added, then no it can never work. AS it would last 1 generation.. They require new people.. Were the hell are they getting them if they are not breeding..

A lot of fucking. So much fucking

Does no one remember Children of Men? Also it would be much closer to Lord of the Flies than a utopia.

A city with no kids would be a pedophiles nightmare.

With that caveat you added, then no it can never work. AS it would last 1 generation.. They require new people.. Were the hell are they getting them if they are not breeding..

New people would come from the people outside of it. Some people in this world would go sign up on their own evertime space became open to them. Say once you hit a certian age(20) you could sign up to live there or live in the open qorld we have today. Nobody would be snatchex up or sent there. It would be a choice. You dont think there would be enough people wanting to go there gen after gen that it would die out

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was thinking about including this is my post. I hated kids even when I was a kid. I remember being like 7 years old in school and the teacher would leave the room and all the kids would start acting an ass and I would fucking facepalm and think to myself Christ I'm surrounded by idiots. Or watching a movie and people would kiss and all the kids would go OOOOOOOOO. Fucking super facepalm. I was always a very mature child. That's why I was always placed in GT classes immediately at any school I would go to.
<mma4>

Seems to me that todays young adults are, for the most part, the most selfish, self-involved, short sighted section of society. I believe that not only would they not fix the problems we already have, they'd find new and spectacular ways to fuck things up. Although the whole lots of sex part sounds pretty cool. But you didn't mention if all STDs had been eradicated....

Nope. Children would be important because you never know what one of them will be the new Steve Jobs, Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein. I don't know how seeing babies and toddlers effects any negatively. There so cute lol.

Back