900 Calorie Diet, How Fast Will I...?

The Man Monster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Okay here is the deal, I am 6'3 and 250 pounds.
My question is if I consume 900 calories a day, and workout at least 4 hours per week (BJJ is what I do) how much weight can I expect to lose per week?

Also note, for the first week of my diet I will be taking leptoprin.

Well I know it takes 2,000 calories to maintain your weight, so it is cut more than in half.
However, I got the idea to do this from VH1.
The did a special called "Celebrity Diet Secrets" os some shit, and I read that like Oprah and J-Lo pay mad cash to go to Cali and stay at a camp.

While there they consume 900 calories a day and run 1 hour every 2 days or something, so I figure 4 hours of BJJ per week and 900 calories a day is okay.
Or perhaps you weren't even talking about the diet, rather the use of pills in conjuntion with the diet?

You need 2,000 a day to maintain your weight if you're a 155 pound woman. 2,000 calories a day would significantly reduce your weight from 250. Start with 2,000 and make sure it's the right 2,000, oatmeal, low glycemic index, protein, etc.

A serious calorie cut like that will make your body slow your metabolism down.

Well can you offer me a more healthy number to inguest everyday?
Again, I don't know shit about good/bad carbs or good cals/bad cals all I know is the number I take in everyday.

You'd be better off eating a 2,000 calorie diet that's healthy(as stated before.)

Once you can eat healthy, then try cutting calories...

The Man Monster said:
Well can you offer me a more healthy number to inguest everyday?
Again, I don't know shit about good/bad carbs or good cals/bad cals all I know is the number I take in everyday.

There's a plethora of information not only on this board and on the net if you search. (Not trying to be rude, just stating that it's easier to read topics/sites designed specifically for this, because the topic itself isn't as cut and dry as good/bad.)

if you do that you can expect to lose just as much muscle as you do fat

What percentage BF% do you have and how active are you?

I weight about the same as you bro, but I'm very lean, and very active (well, um, not for about three weeks...slacking), and I consume between 4,500 and 5,500 calories a day when I'm not paying close attention.

Madmick said:
What percentage BF% do you have and how active are you?

I weight about the same as you bro, but I'm very lean, and very active (well, um, not for about three weeks...slacking), and I consume between 4,500 and 5,500 calories a day when I'm not paying close attention.

6'3 250 and lean. You're a bad mofo aren't you?

I'm 6 foot and weighed 257...not too lean ( :redface: ) but I weigh around 214 or so now. I'm hoping to drop down another 5-10 pounds.

i cut from 140 to 125 and the lowest my calories ever get is 1200 at your size 900 will put you in a coma

lol thanx this thread was a good mood lightener :D

LCDforMe said:
6'3 250 and lean. You're a bad mofo aren't you?.

6'5, 245.

But you have a pretty good memory. I only think I posted that a couple times.

Figure out your present caloric intake.
Lower it by500 cal a day
After a while (maybe 8 weeks or so) you can take it down another 500 cal. I would'nt go lower than that.
Fish oil could help you.

Back