9 yrs ago today Condit murked Rory

Condit was massively underappreciated for many years before getting some marquee matchups.

Is a personal favourite of mine........guy came to bang and his finishing to win ratio is one of the best the sport has ever seen. Natural Born Killer indeed.

Like all favs, sad to have to witness the decline and losses.

I still remember watching Carlos beat Brock Larson live.

<Fedor23>

>Murked

Condit got destroyed for the majority of 3 rounds till he came back in the last minute and got a ref stoppage.

Great comeback but he was getting outclassed by underaged Rory.
Destroyed is an exaggeration as bad as murked. He was losing a decision while sustaining very little damage.

Condit was massively underappreciated for many years before getting some marquee matchups.

Is a personal favourite of mine........guy came to bang and his finishing to win ratio is one of the best the sport has ever seen. Natural Born Killer indeed.

Like all favs, sad to have to witness the decline and losses.

I'm still baffled by the amount shit that he got for the Diaz fight. Like it's his fucking fault that Diaz's only strategy to deal with basic lateral footwork was to throw a temper tantrum in the cage about Condit not serving up his chin.

I'm still baffled by the amount shit that he got for the Diaz fight. Like it's his fucking fault that Diaz's only strategy to deal with basic lateral footwork was to throw a temper tantrum in the cage about Condit not serving up his chin.

I do agree with you. CC did what he needed to do to win and that is logically and strategically sound. Diaz needed to do better. However, I think what irked most people, particularly in the moment, was that we had never seen CC employ this strategy before. He was such a killer and then he comes out and well, runs. It was the correct thing to do but it even irked me as I was so pumped for that fight. It is too bad Diaz couldn't counter CC's strategy as we the fans were robbed of what should have been a great fight.

>Murked

Condit got destroyed for the majority of 3 rounds till he came back in the last minute and got a ref stoppage.

It easily could have been a draw if the ref gave rory 5 more seconds but he was getting lit up the last minute. :eek:

I remember watching that card live. Hell of a fight. I miss those days. Time really starts to get away from you as you get older. Entire years seem to fly by now.

<Fedor23>

<2>

That was back when I still bought ppvs and I wasn't upset at all. As a big Condit fan I was excited he came in with a smart gameplan, and completely neutralized him instead of making the fight a coin toss.

Thought he won pretty convincingly too. Taunting and pouting doesn't win rounds.

I remember that and the Ellenberger fight

Carlos was getting hit a lot in both

Not sure what fight you watched but I watched Condit get his ass beat by a 20-year-old and got a miracle stoppage that wasn't deserved to save his overrated hype.

i love condit like the rest of us but come on with the "murk". More like he survived a green Rory lol.

props to the natural born killer though. He is a real warrior

He broke both his orbitals and beat the shit out of him.

Rory got a couple of takedowns in the first few rounds, I beleive striking was at least equal going into the third.

He broke both his orbitals and beat the shit out of him.

Rory got a couple of takedowns in the first few rounds, I beleive striking was at least equal going into the third.
Yup. Rory edged the 1st two rounds and the third was all Condit. Easy 10-8. Could have been a draw but the ref called it with just seconds left.

>Murked

?

Condit out struck him in every round but got taken down 3 times.

Not sure what fight you watched but I watched Condit get his ass beat by a 20-year-old and got a miracle stoppage that wasn't deserved to save his overrated hype.

Sounds like you listened to Joe Rogan with your eyes closed.

It was because it was uncharacteristic behaviour for Carlos. He'd stand and bang with guys who hit way harder than Nick Diaz. Team had a lame gameplan and he stuck to it. Was a little disappointed to be honest, but can't blame a man for wanting to fight smart in what was one of his biggest fights to date.

Back