9 yrs ago, the first outdoor UFC event happened

Anderson gets way to much shit for that fight. Lets be honest. Maia threw maybe 3 strikes in the first 3 rounds. Anderson did everything he could to try to get Maia to engage but Maia chose to flop to the mat time after time. Not that I blame him, but it takes 2 to fight and Maia didn't want none.

BJ was robbed. And Hughes turned into a K1 fighter, lol.

The card was set up to highlight BJJ with Renzo, the Prodigy BJ Penn and Maia. That backfired, lol.

Sheikh Tahnoon returned to Abu Dhabi in 1998 as a skilled Jiu-Jitsu practitioner and set out to create and build his vision of implementing Martial Arts not only in his native U.A.E. but also creating a standard for which all ground fighting martial arts would be measured. He eventually received his black belt from Renzo Gracie, sometime in the early 2000’s.

To put his vision to reality Sheik Tahnoon developed and propelled a two fold plan; to implement the growth of Martial Arts in the U.A.E. Sheik Tahnoon created the ADCC (Abu Dhabi Combat Club). Sheik Tahnoon converted an idle facility in Abu Dhabi into a Martial Arts Club. Mohamed with Faisal Alketbi He developed the plan of of having Jiu-Jitsu taught at UAE schools.

BJ won that fight IMO so I was surprised when he got convincingly whipped in the rematch.

Anderson gets way to much shit for that fight. Lets be honest. Maia threw maybe 3 strikes in the first 3 rounds. Anderson did everything he could to try to get Maia to engage but Maia chose to flop to the mat time after time. Not that I blame him, but it takes 2 to fight and Maia didn't want none.

Yeah there are just guys/girls out there who are just damn near impossible to look good against. Best thing to do is just get the boring win and move on.

BJ won that fight IMO so I was surprised when he got convincingly whipped in the rematch.
Yeah I bet some dude at the bar 100 bucks and looked retarded lol. BJ didnt even have a moment where he looked like he had a chance

9 years ago??

Fuck i am getting old

...back then when they still gave out 75k as a bonus

How could anyone forget the debut of the legendary K-1 Hughes.

don't know which fight was worse...

Vs Maia or Vs Leites....

*Edit : or Vs Nick...

Silva was actually doing some pretty crazy martial arts style transitions in that fight, despite not really throwing much.

Terrible night. I was at a bar and this unattractive girl kept hitting on me buying me drinks and trying to get me to do blow with her.
Free drinks with an option to do blow? Sounds like a cool night to me, lol

Also one of Mark Munoz's last decent wins, I remember his fight with Grove being decent.

Free drinks with an option to do blow? Sounds like a cool night to me, lol

I don't do coke. I have my limits. Plus she just wasn't my type at all. Not even drunk me wanted it.

Back