9 Years of Jones vs. Gus?

MarcoW

Bojacked Horsehungman
@Brown
Reaction score
Both these fighters are only 26, if they retire fairly early at 35 they could both fight for 9 more years.
Now its possible some young LHW's will emerge but the old ones (shogun, Machida, rampage, evans, etc) will have retired.
Since Jones and Gustafsson seem so evenly matched and above the rest of the division is it possible we could see something like a quadrilogy?
Not one after the other of course but with defenses against other fighters in between.

Jones is beatable. That's all I care about.

Yeah, sometimes you can sense it coming. Nearly lost to Vitor in that armbar and Gus pushed him to the edge. A loss is on the horizon for Jonathan Jones.

Both these fighters are only 26, if they retire fairly early at 35 they could both fight for 9 more years.
Now its possible some young LHW's will emerge but the old ones (shogun, Machida, rampage, evans, etc) will have retired.
Since Jones and Gustafsson seem so evenly matched and above the rest of the division is it possible we could see something like a quadrilogy?
Not one after the other of course but with defenses against other fighters in between.

Yeah, I immediately started wondering if LHW might turn out like HW - 2 guys at the top, then everyone else.

Amazing how quickly people forget about Glover. I think Jones will face Glover next (because that's what his camp will want) and Gus might take on the winner or Rashad/Chael. Jones beats Glover and Gus beats whoever he fights next setting up a rematch in Sweden sometime next summer

I don't know man Jones is getting some nasty injuries. If he keeps this up no way we get 9 years.

Amazing how quickly people forget about Glover. I think Jones will face Glover next (because that's what his camp will want) and Gus might take on the winner or Rashad/Chael. Jones beats Glover and Gus beats whoever he fights next setting up a rematch in Sweden sometime next summer

I'd give my left nut for the rematch to be held in Sweden.

Yeah, sometimes you can sense it coming. Nearly lost to Vitor in that armbar and Gus pushed him to the edge. A loss is on the horizon for Jonathan Jones.

This has already been prophecized by the great Steven Segal.

Back