80% firearms

evergreenrider

RIP Gage
@red
Reaction score
Anyone hear have any experiences with using these and making their own firearms? I'm very close to pulling the trigger(zing!) and picking up a kit for a glock 17 or 19 build. With all the shit going on, I dont think its neccesarily a bad idea to have yourself a weapon which cant be explicitly tracked back to you.

Post in the weapons and training sub forum and there’s some knowledgeable guys who’d be able to help you out with a build

A thread on this topic in the war room sub would be more about should they be legal or not

Post in the weapons and training sub forum and there’s some knowledgeable guys who’d be able to help you out with a build

A thread on this topic in the war room sub would be more about should they be legal or not
Honestly didnt know we had a sub like that lol. @irish_thug can you please move this to the correct sub?

Yeah kinda buried under standup technique
https://forums.sherdog.com/forums/weapons-and-tactics.65/

It’s a low traffic place but a real good place. You’ll definitely find feedback from someone experienced with finishing an 80%, although I’ve only been familiar with that on an at lower platform. Didn’t know they made 80% handguns
They're even more simplistic and easy than an ar lower. Come with all the tooling

If you want my advice, I would get a MAC-10.

You can scream this song while defending your homestead.

Anyone hear have any experiences with using these and making their own firearms? I'm very close to pulling the trigger(zing!) and picking up a kit for a glock 17 or 19 build. With all the shit going on, I dont think its neccesarily a bad idea to have yourself a weapon which cant be explicitly tracked back to you.

You should get a 1911. It's like a Glock, but for men.

Nope, oregon closed that one up a few years ago unfortunately. That was my go to for a few of my previous purchases
Everything I read up on it says it's best to do the work with the jig in a milling machine. You CAN do it with like a Dremel but it takes longer and won't come out quite as good.

Everything I read up on it says it's best to do the work with the jig in a milling machine. You CAN do it with like a Dremel but it takes longer and won't come out quite as good.
I've been following that marine gun builder on YouTube on the guy is super in depth and detailed with every process. Theres definitely some tools that I will need to get before I jump into it. I know he just uses a dremel with 1,000 different attachments(only slightly exaggerating) and highly recommendeds the dremel work stand. After doing a bunch of replacement on my AR I'm quickly finding out it's not terribly hard to do basic gunsmithing, so I feel more confident in my ability to build a kit with minimal hiccups

I've been following that marine gun builder on YouTube on the guy is super in depth and detailed with every process. Theres definitely some tools that I will need to get before I jump into it. I know he just uses a dremel with 1,000 different attachments(only slightly exaggerating) and highly recommendeds the dremel work stand. After doing a bunch of replacement on my AR I'm quickly finding out it's not terribly hard to do basic gunsmithing, so I feel more confident in my ability to build a kit with minimal hiccups
My goal this year is to get a Dremel and actually get cracking on my Polymer 80. The biggest issue though is the one I bought doesn't have stippling so I need to get THAT done before I do work on it. No gunsmith that does stippling will work a Polymer80 that has been finished because it has no serial number.

My goal this year is to get a Dremel and actually get cracking on my Polymer 80. The biggest issue though is the one I bought doesn't have stippling so I need to get THAT done before I do work on it. No gunsmith that does stippling will work a Polymer80 that has been finished because it has no serial number.
Yea I guess that would be pretty difficult for them to log in their books lol. Theres a few really good p80 smith's I've seen on IG that do incredible work

P80's are pretty simple. You can get 'er done with these items.
  • Utility knife
  • Drill
  • Vice (maybe not essential, but close)
  • Dremel with grinding wheel
  • Sandpaper (fine grit) with WD40 or CLP
Steps:
  • Slap the frame/jig in the vice.
  • Drill the holes (one side, then the other,)
  • Cut the four tabs off with the knife (you can get it pretty even with the frame)
  • Dremel out the recoil spring channel
  • Sand where you cut off the tabs and dremeled the channel (wrapping the sandpaper around a round file is helpful)
  • Assemble with the supplied rails and lower parts kit (plenty of youtube instructionals on this)
  • Pop your slide on and test functionality
Troubleshooting:
  • Apply nailpolish to dremeled out channel to see if the spring is binding up against it
  • If binding on rails then try pinching them in a little with pliers or grinding off some metal with sandpaper or dremel

Back