7 days, 15 minutes from now

Problem is no one ever cared about woodley. And no one ever will
If I take your word, then doesn't that justify him wanting a big fight?
Everyone bitched when this fight was first made, but now that it's here, of course everyone wants to see it. Woodley will be the same way if he fights GSP or Diaz. Everyone complaining now, but fight time, everyone's still going to talk about it and watch.
You may be right.

People will want to see gsp or Diaz. They won't care if woodley is there or not
I agree, Woodley isn't a draw. That's why he is calling out other draws haha. But there is still some people that would pick him over GSP, and a shit load of people that would pick him over Diaz. The convo would shift more to people talking about the fight.

Sorry TS but I need to write something that is not directly related to your thread.

But you folks seem to be on pins and needles about his BS fight. But when Woodley is trying to do the same thing as the UFC (make as much money as he can) then there is a problem.

Why is this ok and Woodley isn't?

Because Wonderboy should've got the shot over Woodley who never really deserved it.

Now Woodley is refusing to give WB his shot which is BS. If WB wasnt in the picture then nobody would have a problem with his call outs.

Conor KO'd Aldo in mere seconds, Aldo couldnt fight by march, as we saw when he was called upon as a late replacement and refused, so there was nothing wrong with Conor using that time to challenge for the LW belt.

The rematch is kind of bullshit, but the guy fights as often as possible against the best and i cant fault him in taking the harder fight.

Because Wonderboy should've got the shot over Woodley who never really deserved it.

Now Woodley is refusing to give WB his shot which is BS. If WB wasnt in the picture then nobody would have a problem with his call outs.

Conor KO'd Aldo in mere seconds, Aldo couldnt fight by march, as we saw when he was called upon as a late replacement and refused, so there was nothing wrong with Conor using that time to challenge for the LW belt.

The rematch is kind of bullshit, but the guy fights as often as possible against the best and i cant fault him in taking the harder fight.
I had no idea what you meant by WB. Come on man spell out these words. Or Thompson. It has fewer letters.

I don't necessarily disagree. I want champions to fight the next person. Woodley was sat on the shelf by himself or the UFC or more likely a little of both. So Woodley got next and he won.

Aldo fighting in March '16 would have been impossible because he wasn't even cleared to train until February (if I remember right). So why not Edgar for the 145 strap?

Cerrone fights more than any UFC ever, how often does he receive prefential treatment?

My problem is the clear double standard here. Woodley is a business and so is the UFC. And what is the business of business? It is business aka profit. Woodley is 34 and he sees the window closing. He is like Matt Damon in Rounders. Morning is coming, he needs to go all in.

-conor moved up a weight class = RDA > Edgar.
-as far as bisping = souza is injured and yoel is still on suspension.

So you're two examples are not the same thing as Woodley
Romero and Jacare will both be ready by November.

I was going for 100% similarity. I want to point out the clear double standards.

Not saying he will, but I know some people whose world will implode if Conor somehow ends up pulling this one off. Can't really say any of his fans will, because they already experienced it at UFC 196. For that reason alone, I hope he wins.

I had no idea what you meant by WB. Come on man spell out these words. Or Thompson. It has fewer letters.

I don't necessarily disagree. I want champions to fight the next person. Woodley was sat on the shelf by himself or the UFC or more likely a little of both. So Woodley got next and he won.

Aldo fighting in March '16 would have been impossible because he wasn't even cleared to train until February (if I remember right). So why not Edgar for the 145 strap?

Cerrone fights more than any UFC ever, how often does he receive prefential treatment?

My problem is the clear double standard here. Woodley is a business and so is the UFC. And what is the business of business? It is business aka profit. Woodley is 34 and he sees the window closing. He is like Matt Damon in Rounders. Morning is coming, he needs to go all in.

Romero and Jacare will both be ready by November.

I was going for 100% similarity. I want to point out the clear double standards.

But it's not, Conor is special in that he brings in 1 million more buys than Woodley, whether you like it or not that comes with preferential treatment.

Conor is the draw, he built his brand up and is responsible for his success, the reason why Conor gets super fights is because Conor is the super fight, imagine if now Alvarez said he wont fight anybody not named Conor now, or Aldo saying the samething?? Because thats the only super fight for them.

What's even crazier then this is that Diaz isnt a huge draw, when he headlined vs Penn the card brought in less then 300k, when he headlined vs Condit it pulled in 400k. So whats Woodley even campaigning for here???

But it's not, Conor is special in that he brings in 1 million more buys than Woodley, whether you like it or not that comes with preferential treatment.

Conor is the draw, he built his brand up and is responsible for his success, the reason why Conor gets super fights is because Conor is the super fight, imagine if now Alvarez said he wont fight anybody not named Conor now, or Aldo saying the samething?? Because thats the only super fight for them.

What's even crazier then this is that Diaz isnt a huge draw, when he headlined vs Penn the card brought in less then 300k, when he headlined vs Condit it pulled in 400k. So whats Woodley even campaigning for here???
Mcgregor is special. Drink that in.

What is Woodley campaigning for? Well if I use your logic, he is campaigning for a big fight.

You said it, Woodley isn't a draw but GSP is a draw. Woodley is just some guy who happens to be a UFC champion.

Btw Woodley called out Diaz for 202. Guess why? Mcgregor is fighting and the Diaz brothers fighting on the same card. If he couldn't get that, GSP is next.

So ipso facto, the guy who is not a draw wants to fight a guy who is a draw so he can make more money?

Are you saying Stephen Thompson is a bigger draw than GSP? Is Thompson fighting Woodley going to sell as well as Woodley vs the returning Diaz brother on the very show his younger brother fights Mcgregor?

Btw again, champions receive ppv points.

Mcgregor is special. Drink that in.

What is Woodley campaigning for? Well if I use your logic, he is campaigning for a big fight.

You said it, Woodley isn't a draw but GSP is a draw. Woodley is just some guy who happens to be a UFC champion.

Btw Woodley called out Diaz for 202. Guess why? Mcgregor is fighting and the Diaz brothers fighting on the same card. If he couldn't get that, GSP is next.

So ipso facto, the guy who is not a draw wants to fight a guy who is a draw so he can make more money?

Are you saying Stephen Thompson is a bigger draw than GSP? Is Thompson fighting Woodley going to sell as well as Woodley vs the returning Diaz brother on the very show his younger brother fights Mcgregor?

Btw again, champions receive ppv points.

202 was a little more then amonth away from 200, what shape would Diaz have come in??

But 202 is gone now, and GSP will probably face Diaz in his return bout since there's more money in it for him and is a good tune up foght for his return.

Again i have no problems with him *wanting* bigger fights, nobody does. The problem is holding the belt hostage for one, i cant agree with Woodley refusing to fight Wonder Boy because they bring in the same numbers, its crazy.

If Woodley gets that GSP fight, all the power to him, i would be more then happy for him, but for me theres a certain responsibilty for a champion to fight, sure Conor hasnt defended his belt yet but atleast he will have fought 2 times since, both making big pay days.

Woodly is refusing to work until GSP comes out of retirement, it's ridiculous.

Although im sure Woodly will either fight GSP or Thompson in the end, but refusing the #1 contender his shot is ridiculous. In the end its bad for his brand, Conor got pulled from 200 when he tried to strong arm the company. In the end its what the UFC wants, the belt means nothing

202 was a little more then amonth away from 200, what shape would Diaz have come in??

But 202 is gone now, and GSP will probably face Diaz in his return bout since there's more money in it for him and is a good tune up foght for his return.

Again i have no problems with him *wanting* bigger fights, nobody does. The problem is holding the belt hostage for one, i cant agree with Woodley refusing to fight Wonder Boy because they bring in the same numbers, its crazy.

If Woodley gets that GSP fight, all the power to him, i would be more then happy for him, but for me theres a certain responsibilty for a champion to fight, sure Conor hasnt defended his belt yet but atleast he will have fought 2 times since, both making big pay days.

Woodly is refusing to work until GSP comes out of retirement, it's ridiculous.

Although im sure Woodly will either fight GSP or Thompson in the end, but refusing the #1 contender his shot is ridiculous.
If Woodley fights GSP it would be for the WW strap. If he would have fought Diaz it would have been for the WW strap.

I don't remember Woodley saying that he refuses to fight Thompson ever. Where did he outright refuse a fight? Has he even been offered a fight against Thompson? Or anyone else for that matter?

Thompson on whatever show that was asked Woodley for a fight and Woodley said exactly what he should have. Thompson had been disrespecting him and his title shot. Why the hell should Woodley be nice to him?

Listen man I would agree with you. I am for champions defending against the next guy. I would rather Bisping fight Jacare. I would rather Mcgregor doesn't set the record for most non-title fights as a reigning champion.

But you just gave Mcgregor all of this leeway to fight while holding his belt hostage. Why? Because of his special treatment? Because he can make big pay days for the UFC?

Well Woodley is a business just like the UFC and he is trying to make a big pay day for himself. Sherdoggers don't like it because they don't perceive it as a benefit for them or their flavor of the month (Thompson).

Imgaine if Lawler knocked out Woodley and then called out Diaz and said he wanted avenge his loss. Do you think half of these fair weathers would be decrying the "deservedness" of Stephen Thompson or Demain Maia? I guarantee they would not.

If Woodley fights GSP it would be for the WW strap. If he would have fought Diaz it would have been for the WW strap.

I don't remember Woodley saying that he refuses to fight Thompson ever. Where did he outright refuse a fight? Has he even been offered a fight against Thompson? Or anyone else for that matter?

Thompson on whatever show that was asked Woodley for a fight and Woodley said exactly what he should have. Thompson had been disrespecting him and his title shot. Why the hell should Woodley be nice to him?

Listen man I would agree with you. I am for champions defending against the next guy. I would rather Bisping fight Jacare. I would rather Mcgregor doesn't set the record for most non-title fights as a reigning champion.

But you just gave Mcgregor all of this leeway to fight while holding his belt hostage. Why? Because of his special treatment? Because he can make big pay days for the UFC?

Well Woodley is a business just like the UFC and he is trying to make a big pay day for himself. Sherdoggers don't like it because they don't perceive it as a benefit for them or their flavor of the month (Thompson).

Imgaine if Lawler knocked out Woodley and then called out Diaz and said he wanted avenge his loss. Do you think half of these fair weathers would be decrying the "deservedness" of Stephen Thompson or Demain Maia? I guarantee they would not.

http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1076623

Woodley would campaign for Nick Diaz if he didnt get GSP whose deadlocked in negotiations.

Explain to me how Thompson gets side stepped by a retired WW who hasnt won a fight in 5 years. Add to this Diaz's biggest buy when he wasnt fighting GSP or AS is 400k.

Its ridiculous and thats why he get shit on for it.
Lawler would have fought Hendricks twice, Carlos Condit, Rory Macdonald, and Tyrone Woodley, people would be ok because Lawler has been a great champion who was active and never turned down a fight.

There is also history there and it would sell.

T.Woods won a title shot he didnt deserve and wont let the guy who deserved foght for the title, its bs and you know it.

Last edited:
http://www.thescore.com/mma/news/1076623

Woodley would campaign for Nick Diaz if he didnt get GSP whose deadlocked in negotiations.

Explain to me how Thompson gets side stepped by a retired WW who hasnt won a fight in 5 years. Add to this Diaz's biggest buy when he wasnt fighting GSP or AS is 400k.

Its ridiculous and thats why he get shit on for it.
I don't want to be that guy cause I don't mind the convo. But you mean why Thompson is skipped instead of how?

Because the answer is the same.... he hasn't been skipped for anyone. No fights have been signed for any of them.

But let's say he does... why would Thompson be skipped over for Diaz or GSP? The same reason(s) Woodley was skipped over for Condit and the same reason Bader was skipped over for Gustafsson.

I don't want to be that guy cause I don't mind the convo. But you mean why Thompson is skipped instead of how?

Because the answer is the same.... he hasn't been skipped for anyone. No fights have been signed for any of them.

But let's say he does... why would Thompson be skipped over for Diaz or GSP? The same reason(s) Woodley was skipped over for Condit and the same reason Bader was skipped over for Gustafsson.

Tyrone lost to Jake shields came back and beat Kos.
Then won vs Condit due to Condit suffering an injury.
Then lost again to Rory mac.

Came back and beat stun gun and over weight Gatsulem for his title shot. Which he sat out for A year and a half to get.

Wonder Boy has a 7 fight win streak, coming off 1 round TKO over Hendricks and schooling Rory Mac(who schooled T.Woods)

T.Woods knows Thompson is the #1 contender and again is instead campaiging for a retired WW who hasnt won a fight in 5 years who isnt a big draw.

Atleast when Conor picked his opponent he picked a beast in RDA, this is the equivolent of Conor beating Aldo and campaiging for Faber. Imagine the backlash he wouldve got even though they could sell that fight.

Like i said, GSP fight makes sense, and is justifiable, but to then campaign for Diaz is a joke and its ducking of the worst kind, and thats why he gets shit on.
You might not agree with it but thats why

Tyrone lost to Jake shields came back and beat Kos.
Then won vs Condit due to Condit suffering an injury.
Then lost again to Rory mac.

Came back and beat stun gun and over weight Gatsulem for his title shot. Which he sat out for A year and a half to get.

Wonder Boy has a 7 fight win streak, coming off 1 round TKO over Hendricks and schooling Rory Mac(who schooled T.Woods)

T.Woods knows Thompson is the #1 contender and again is instead campaiging for a retired WW who hasnt won a fight in 5 years who isnt a big draw.

Atleast when Conor picked his opponent he picked a beast in RDA, this is the equivolent of Conor beating Aldo and campaiging for Faber. Imagine the backlash he wouldve got even though they could sell that fight.

Like i said, GSP fight makes sense, and is justifiable, but to then campaign for Diaz is a joke and its ducking of the worst kind, and thats why he gets shit on.
You might not agree with it but thats why
Listen man, I know Woodley's resume and I know Thompson's. You guys seem to be for fighter's rights except when you are not.

He can campaign for whatever he wants, he can turn down a fight with Thompson if he doesn't like the terms. He can do all of that. Why should this or any other option he wants not be available to him?

Back