6'1" 170 - Help me pick a gi

beeran1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
After a bad experience with the last gi I blindly purchased over the internet, and the inability to try on a gi before I buy it (there are no stores anywhere near me), I submit to you, f16.

My specs are in the subject line. I am thinking about a Koral or Keiko Raca, but I'm open to other ideas. I have an Atama Mundial #5 that I like, so something that fits similar to that (or even a tad slimmer) would be great.

Anyone who is around my size who has experience with Koral or Keiko, let me know what you think.

Fushida will help you find a perfect fit for their gi. They have a lot of inbetweeny sizes.

fushida.ca

No, I don't work for them.

The Fushida gis look nice. I will send them an e-mail re: sizing.

Anyone else? I've heard the Keiko is great for tall, thin people, and I've also heard that they're built more for bigger folks.

After a bad experience with the last gi I blindly purchased over the internet, and the inability to try on a gi before I buy it (there are no stores anywhere near me), I submit to you, f16.

My specs are in the subject line. I am thinking about a Koral or Keiko Raca, but I'm open to other ideas. I have an Atama Mundial #5 that I like, so something that fits similar to that (or even a tad slimmer) would be great.

Anyone who is around my size who has experience with Koral or Keiko, let me know what you think.

BJJ Gi Fitting Assistance

If all that info can't get you into one that fits I don't know what can ;)

There is also a promo code floating around here somewhere for a pretty good discount on one of the models.

Have you considered Padilla & Sons gis?

Fushida does help you out with sizing....Also give gcfightgear.com ...Justin at ground control is awesome...Tell him bjjweekly.com sent ya

Thanks all. So many options...

I've heard good things about P&S, and the price is right.

I would probably check out a SYR if they hadn't just released their most recent batch. I don't want to wait another six months to get a new gi, but probably will get one in the future.

hey dude,

i am about the same build as you,

I have an atama that i love, keiko - meh, and koral i love,

i donno how the pants fit you on ur atama but i recommend ordering a a3 top and a2 pants, i like the cut better then the baggy wizard robe a3 pants.

my 2 cents

Thanks all. So many options...

I've heard good things about P&S, and the price is right.

I would probably check out a SYR if they hadn't just released their most recent batch. I don't want to wait another six months to get a new gi, but probably will get one in the future.

P&S is quality at a very reasonable price.

Back