6 Slipped Discs In My Back

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Buff, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Buff

Buff Trash Belt Degenerate

Turns out all this slouching I've been doing through the years wasn't so cool after all.

I keep putting my back out. Constantly. My neck and my back... I was playing basketball a couple of days ago and it was cold, and I haven't played in years, and I twisted my back almost instantly but carried on playing in agony to save face... I was in so much pain that evening I couldn't walk, next day I went to get a CT scan - I'm in China so you can just go and pay for whatever you want...

They told me I've got 6 slipped discs, not bad enough for surgery, and all in different places in my back. They've been slipped for a long time, and the reason is bad posture and being over active - I lift, bro, and I'm also a chef but I'm tall so I have to bend real low.

Are there any doctors on here? I'll post pics from my CT scan shortly... I really need some advice and a second opinion - I didn't really understand what the doctor was saying but it sounded pretty fucked up... Like... New career time, and I'm supposed to be flying on Wednesday and I can't even walk to the shower or get out of bed without screaming blue murder and I'm worried the plane is gonna do me damage...

Anyone with any experience in chiropractic stuff? The bad one is my 6th bottom disc... Apparently as well as being out of place it's also got calcification and something else I didn't understand.

Pics to follow.

2. OverPressure

OverPressure Rem Lezar melts steel beams

1. If your back is that hurt, go NOWHERE near a chiropractor.
    2. Haven't played in years, you say

Buff likes this.
  3. DevilsLettuce

DevilsLettuce is a bit of a douchebag Banned

Don't they have shitloads of opium in China? Chase that dragon yo.

BJPenn2012, BryanIam, gannima and 3 others like this.
  4. Primitivo

Primitivo Third World Prince

Wear better disc's sneakers.

Buff likes this.
  5. Corin7hian

Corin7hian Blue Belt

Have been dealing with back issues my whole life. Have a herniated L5-S1.
    My advice:
    - Go to a physio not a chiro
    -don't sit as often and if you have to try to stand for a minute or so every 20 mins.
    - Take fishoils
    -buy "ultimate back fitness and performance" by doctor stu McGill
    -assess your current mattress. Make sure its extremely stiff and firm. If it isn't probably invest in one.
    - some supplements you may want to try are MSM powder and also TB500 (a miracle peptide that works wonders for healing, may not cure your back but will help significantly)

GearSolidMetal and Buff like this.
  6. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

7. asharak

asharak Brown Belt

Inversion table?

Buff likes this.
  8. OverPressure

OverPressure Rem Lezar melts steel beams

Ride the white horse down nightmare alley, OP

Buff likes this.
  9. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Just a minor suggestion, but is there a way to raise the height of the shelves and counters / surfaces at your workplace? I'm tall as well and sometimes make similar adjustments to avoid back pain.

Not a solution to your problem overall, but might make things a little more manageable in the day-to-day while you sort things out.

Also, something that has worked for me is doing back extensions...

[​IMG]

...to near-failure for a few sets, just the weight of the torso. It seems to have kind of an anesthetic effect, in addition to strengthening the good posture muscles.

Buff likes this.
  10. Alpha Omega Man

Alpha Omega Man go on... Banned

stop fucking teh fatties yo...

MT7, Primitivo, Buff and 1 other person like this.
  11. Horse Style

Horse Style Silver Belt

Ah, another silly person fucking up their body in the name of "saving face" or "looking cool."

"Yea I have to use a wheelchair, but I have the respect of some guys on the playground, goddammit!!"

12. TrainInVain

TrainInVain Swangin an Bangin Belt

Not a doctor but as a Sherdogger I should be able to tell whether you are shook or afraid to fight Conor from your x-rays.

13. Alpha Omega Man

I just read that you are a chef...I didn't realize they had any in China...all joking aside what
    Corin7hian said and you better where top notch shoes at work...walking on a tile surface while having a wonky back is bad news...

14. Mr Mojo Lane

Mr Mojo Lane Brown Belt

I've been doing this and turning around the other way to do reverse hypers, since I do not have access to a reverse hyper machine. I have been doing high reps; also, since the muscles in that area tend to be slower twitch muscles

15. Buff

I hear you on the chiro.

Been playing a little these last 2 weeks but I'm all thumbs these days. Used to be good.

Standard. I might not be able to walk but I can sure shuffle to a car if there's a smoke at the end... Just picked up some hash though... I'm already on a shitload of codeine.

Awesome advice. I think it's the same disc as yours at the bottom... 2 in my chest and 3 in my neck..I'm sure matresses had a lot to do with it. And sitting badly for hours. And not warming up... And my stated love of the larger female form... I'm gonna order some of that shit and let you know how it goes.

That will not be possible. It's like a great globular addiction that you just sink into like a warm bed on a cold day.

Can't do anything about the work stuff... Can't even sue anybody because I'm self employed.

That exercise right now wouldn't be possible. Took me 5 minutes to get into a car just now... Fucking rekt. Posture is the key though... When I get a bit better I'm gonna hit the gym... I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm looking at stuff like yoga and plates as potential options.

16. Alpha Omega Man

yoga and Pilates will help a lot...see an osteopath too...

Buff likes this.
  17. DevilsLettuce

DevilsLettuce is a bit of a douchebag Banned

If you make it back to America, hit me up - I'll kick you some free herb.

Buff likes this.
  18. SexyMahnaz

SexyMahnaz Green Belt

I haven't been diagnosed, but have put my lower back out a number of times over the past 10 years to the point of needing to stay in bed. Strengthening glutes + hamstrings & lots of self myofascial release (both from a massage therapist, & myself with a golf ball) helps me, I've been pain free the last 15 months. But of course listen to your doctor.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    TheRatman and Buff like this.
  19. Buff

Wasn't as simple as that... Was my missus mum's boss who wanted me to play, and in China that means you play until he gets tired or else it's a problem... He knew I was fucked up so I just stood under the basket and got the rebounds, and he was happy. Weird country.

I'm not working here... But maybe in the future. Place drives me slighty crazy though... And I had a look in some of the kitchens at places I ate... Big mistake.

Shoes I got... Although I was playing basketball in at shows and I think that was part of the problem. No heel support.

Croks all day in the kitchen. Easiest to kick off if you spill something hot on yourself and they're comfortable as fuck.

20. Buff

I'm a Londoner, but I sure do like a smoke... The offer is appreciated!