5th American International Championships

TheVandalz

The Mighty Menehune
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone gonna be there?

I am going to drop a weightclass and compete in the 149lb division. I took a painful loss at the GQ's but we were fairly equally skilled. I swept him, he swept me, niether of us could advance (other than his takedown which got him a mount that I immediately swept). I gassed 3 minutes in to it, went for a poor kimura from his half guard and got swept, mounted, and Americana'd. I chalk up 80% of that loss to the fact that he was a natural 170lber and I was a natural 155lber, I jsut didn't have any strength left at that point. I hope to do much better this time around.

If anyone else is competing, let me know what weight and division! :D

Its in Long Beach, CA on Dec 3rd for anyone who doesn't already know.

I'm considering it, but after Grappler's Quest last weekend and the California Open this weekend (Half Moon Bay), I'm not sure my finances will have recovered sufficiently. Do you have a site for it?

Is there a website for this ? It sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, I have to work and won't be able to play.

TripVersion1 said:
http://grapplingtournaments.com/index.php

This is the link to the tournament information, it is a rated event.

Im thinking I will go to compete as well. Im weighing 130 so Ill go in whatever division fits that weight, in both novice nogi and blue belt divisions.

Flyweight i think. Or Banta, not sure how this tournaments weight classes are breaking down, they all seem to differ between tournaments/promoters.

Good luck tho.

I'll probably cut 11lbs at compete as a feather as i've stated above.

TheVandalz said:
Flyweight i think. Or Banta, not sure how this tournaments weight classes are breaking down, they all seem to differ between tournaments/promoters.

Good luck tho.

I'll probably cut 11lbs at compete as a feather as i've stated above.

I think I'm gonna compete in a weight class above mine...

Ill be going Flyweight Beginner No Gi and Blue Belt Super Featherweight Gi, thanks for the encouragement!

How did you guys do? I got 2nd in Gi and dead last haha (5th) in No Gi.

Back