50 Greatest Boxers of the 21st Century

burningspear

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I guess they mean Greatest fighter to compete in th 21st Century, with Mike and Roy so high?

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/b...ahiBb2qswJRic4lpK0jQwXez4OJwCsgIqoeT5L37ZE2eI

25. Terence Crawford

24. Tyson Fury

23. Shane Mosely

22. Julio Cesar Chavez

21. Anthony Joshua

20. Erik Morales

19. Marco Antonio Barrera

18. Juan Manuel Marquez

17. Vitali Klitschko

16. Sergey Kovalev

15. Andre Ward

14. Felix Trinidad

13. Vasyl Lomachenko

12. Canelo Alvarez

11. Miguel Cotto

10. Joe Calzaghe

9. Bernard Hopkins

8. Oscar de la Hoya

7. Lennox Lewis

6. Mike Tyson

5. Wladimir Klitschko

4. Roy Jones Jr

3. Gennady Golovkin

2. Floyd Mayweather

1. Manny Pacquiao

Evidently they mean having competed in the last 19 years (as the start of the 21st century was January 1, 2001). Either way it's ranker.com's list which is a fairly lame site. These rankings have been around since November. The list is subject to change since live voting and re-ranking fighters is still possible, and in fact, it already has changed over the last 48 hours.

What I don't like is that it's open to the public, rather than forcing private registration, which means that theoretically anyone or anything (automated processes, e.g., simple proxy scripts) can fully influence the rankings with their own outcomes.

Here's the original source with their real-time updated rankings → Best Boxers of the 21st Century

Last edited:
The Rankr list has already become a shitshow. Saul Alvarez is ranked 4th and Canelo Alvarez is ranked 17th, lol. And of course GGG is being downvoted to bolivian.
This is why we cant have nice things.

The Rankr list has already become a shitshow. Saul Alvarez is ranked 4th and Canelo Alvarez is ranked 17th, lol. And of course GGG is being downvoted to bolivian.
I like the idea but its implementation is pedestrian (so are Bad Left Hook's public fight polls while we're at it). Any script kiddie could rig their rankings system in a matter of minutes. That and most fight fans aren't what you would call pundits. It might as well ask visitors to rank their favorite fighters.

GGG's resume doesn't really stand out to me. I'm aware he was avoided etc but unfortunately I don't feel like it will fare well over the coming years.

Great fighter and loved watching him but for whatever reason he doesn't have a lot of big scalps hanging on his bedroom wall

I guess they mean Greatest fighter to compete in th 21st Century, with Mike and Roy so high?

https://www.sportbible.com/boxing/b...ahiBb2qswJRic4lpK0jQwXez4OJwCsgIqoeT5L37ZE2eI

25. Terence Crawford

24. Tyson Fury

23. Shane Mosely

22. Julio Cesar Chavez

21. Anthony Joshua

20. Erik Morales

19. Marco Antonio Barrera

18. Juan Manuel Marquez

17. Vitali Klitschko

16. Sergey Kovalev

15. Andre Ward

14. Felix Trinidad

13. Vasyl Lomachenko

12. Canelo Alvarez

11. Miguel Cotto

10. Joe Calzaghe

9. Bernard Hopkins

8. Oscar de la Hoya

7. Lennox Lewis

6. Mike Tyson

5. Wladimir Klitschko

4. Roy Jones Jr

3. Gennady Golovkin

2. Floyd Mayweather

1. Manny Pacquiao
I'm putting Floyd at no 1

Pulev not at no. 1?

What a shit list.

GGG's resume doesn't really stand out to me. I'm aware he was avoided etc but unfortunately I don't feel like it will fare well over the coming years.

Great fighter and loved watching him but for whatever reason he doesn't have a lot of big scalps hanging on his bedroom wall

His resume is fine. He was pretty much “the man” at MW for 7 years and fought Canelo, who’ll probably own a piece of the 168/175 crown for the next 4-5 years, to an absolute standstill (and many, like myself, though he deserved at least one of those decisions)

If Alvarez keeps knocking out top guys at 168/175, Golovkins resume will age well enough

Only knock on Golovkin — if you’re of that mind — is that maybe he should have moved up years ago, maybe taken on Ward.

His resume is fine. He was pretty much “the man” at MW for 7 years and fought Canelo, who’ll probably own a piece of the 168/175 crown for the next 4-5 years, to an absolute standstill (and many, like myself, though he deserved at least one of those decisions)

If Alvarez keeps knocking out top guys at 168/175, Golovkins resume will age well enough

Only knock on Golovkin — if you’re of that mind — is that maybe he should have moved up years ago, maybe taken on Ward.
Yeah it's fine. That's it though

Back