• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

5 Weapons in Doomsday Scenario

sorry to be a downer, there is no such thing as a "silencer" I believe what you are referring to is a repressor but this won't help in an open mountain setting because of echoing.

images

800px-SS2-V4_ID2008.jpg

Machete_knife_blade.jpg

two-handed-great-scimitar.jpg

images

All of my weapons would be geared toward ease of use, multi purpose and ability, reliability, power, and functionality. So here goes:

1- Handgun: Smith & Wesson M&P R8 w/ Viridian x5L laser flashlight combo

apfrr.jpg
1znlrg4.jpg

Shoots 357 magnum, which has plenty of power, but then also fires 38+P, and regular 38 special for when ammo starts running out. It also hold 8 shots, which is nice for a revolver. Easily maintained, and very reliable. It also has a picatinny rail, which would have the viridian x5L generation 2 model laser and flashlight mounted to it.

2- Firearm: Mossberg 590 Special Purpose Tri-rail 9 shot w/ flashlight laser combo

2krevc.jpg

Fires 12 guage 2.75 inch or 3 inch magnum rounds, plus can be loaded with slugs for hunting. 20 inch barrel is long enough for decent range, but short enough for tactical situations. Pump action, easy to maintain, reliable, and plentiful ammo.

3- Knife: Nest Gen KA-BAR Knife in stainless steel

2ln7rc.jpg

Good multi purpose knife that will stay sharp forever. Can be used to gut something, skin something, fight with, sharpen a stick into a spear, etc. etc.

4- Melee: Gerber Gator Machete

69j61e.jpg

Here I would go with the Gerber Gator Machete because it is sharp as all hell, strong as all hell, big enough to use as a melee weapon, but also very utilitarian. You can hack up people, or chop down trees and bushes.

5- Wildcard: AK47 with laser/flashlight combo and hunting scope

2k22kn.jpg

Obviously the Ak47 is a reliable weapon with plentiful ammo that would be available. Good for close quarter fighting or hunting. I would go with the extended mag rather than a box format for ease of carrying.

1. Colt 1911 : old school proven durable, lots ammo lying arround.
2. 12 gauge shot gun: reliable, lots of ammo lying arround.
3. Flesh Eater : one the best fixed blade combat knifes ever built
4. Ox Tail sabre: Strong good in both the open and small spaces, can double as an axe.
5. fully load multi-fuel Bradley.

What kind of Doomsday scenario? The gear I'd pick for a zombie holocaust would be much different than what I'd choose for, say, a robot uprising. Or a plague/virus. And so on.

shotguns are just not effective enough

the ammo takes up loads of space, shells are useless after being fired, no range, poor range even with slugs

Why do you guys all want rifles? Most people cant shoot a rifle accurately even at 50 feet due to the kickback. Also how you gonna carry around a rifle + a shotgun plus all your belongings?

Rifles offer distance and accuracy, one shot one kill, way better for a single survivor, automatics eat up ammo, not as much power as hunting ammo

I really thought I had posted in this thread

1- Handgun
2- Firearm (any gun)
3- Knife (has to be a knife)
4- Melee (any melee weapon)
5- Wildcard (any weapon ex: grenade, another gun, chainsaw)

Firearm
ValmetPetra.jpg

Valmet Petra, the finns improved on the AK, not a sniper per say but they do come in hunting calibre and got decent accuracy

I assume this is for the zombie invasion so a range of 200 meters is more then enough, semi auto on the civilian models is just fine

Handgun
Lemat.jpg

Le mat revolver .44 (nine shot) and 16 gauge (one)

Knife
I don't really know anything about knifes
I'd go with a basic Morakniv (Mora is the name of the town where it comes from) the knife of Sweden like the ak47 is the gun of russia, there is probably one in every home in Sweden in one form or another
morakniv_s.jpg

durability wise they gotta be top notch because I know my dad has got some from his dad

Melee weapon
regular axe
100724-jpg.jpg

wooden handle still makes it lightweight, very useful tool

Wildcard
rottweiler_1_99018341.jpg

1. Handgun - Glock 19. Reliable, carries 15 rounds of a very common caliber...what more do you want?

19.gif

2. Long gun - Saiga 12. Semi-automatic, better than a rifle in close quarters. Keep a magazine loaded with slugs for long-range engagement.

saiga12p.jpg

3. Knife - Boker Schanz dagger. Good for, uh, stabbing fools up I guess.

1770_0.jpg

4. Melee Weapon - Cold Steel Ghurka Kukri. They claim you can use one to decapitate a man in one swing...I'll take their word for it.

Cold-Steel-35ATCJ-rw-11026-17436.jpg

5. Misc. Weapon - Marlin 983T. Can carry a few hundred rounds with me; I'll use it for hunting squirrels and small dogs.

983t.jpg

Sorry, cannot post pics at work. Damn NMCI.

Beretta M9
AK47
Mossberg 590
Old fashioned Buck knife
Small hatchet of some kind

If I am traveling around due to the collapse of civilization, then give me the AK, blade and hatchet. Gotta pack light for travel and the Ak is the most versatile (although the Mossberg is a dead heat)

I stand corrected. Also, if I were to choose a rifle to survive the apocalypse, it wound't be one from Indonesia.

1) Handgun - Revolver in .357

2) Main Gun - Marlin 1894C

3) Knife - Kukri

4) Blade - Husqvarna Axe

5) Curveball - 4x4 SUV with enough gas to take me anywhere i would need to go

2xGlock 17 fully auto, with a magazine magazine (imagine having 25 clips lined up on your back, in a backpack sort of thing when you eject your clip it sends a transmission to the magazine magazine to pop a clip out ready to slide straight in to the no empty weapon with both the clip and gun magnetised to make it easier)

spaz 12 - nuff said

colt commando - nuff said

Katana - nuff said

1- Handgun
2- Firearm (any gun)
3- Knife (has to be a knife)
4- Melee (any melee weapon)
5- Wildcard (any weapon ex: grenade, another gun, chainsaw)

1. Glock 19 (This is what I use. Easy to use and reliable)

388_glock19.jpg

2. AA12 automatic shotgun (From The Expendables and Predators. I would imagine it would be perfect for zombies)

aa12.JPG

3. "That's not a knife, this is a knife." (Crocadile Dundee knife)

DSC00919.jpg

4. Samurai sword

SW-316.jpg

5. .50 cal sniper rifle

Barret_50cal__Sniper_Rifle_by_lucariofan666.jpg

Back