5 Fights that I believe should happen in 2015

Christ514

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
These are not my dream fights, just fights I believe should happen for the sake of the division

1. Joseph Benavidez vs John Moraga-Both have fought and lost their title fights. They need to make this fight so these don't have to fight anymore up and comers. This fight could help set the winner up for a title fight in the future while protecting the other prospects. Plus it would be a solid fight.

2. Stipe Miocic vs Mark Hunt-Puts the winner right back into the title contention talk. Good style match up, with Stipe using boxing to set up takedowns against Hunts huge power and great TDD.

3. Andrei Arlovski vs Ben Rothwell II-A rematch that could decide the next top contender at Heavyweight. Both have power and are coming off big wins.

4. Lyoto Machida vs Luke Rockhold-Ok this one is a dream fight but it would also decide the next contender for the MW belt. This would a technical stand up fight between two of the best.

5. Demetrius Johnson vs John Dodson II-The only man to give Mighty Mouse trouble, this is the fight to make at FLW.

Fun fights, especially both flyweight fights. I kinda hope Dodson gets another fight before MM though. He's coming off an ACL tear, and as a fighter who uses his speed with his power, I'd like to see how he looks before taking on MM again.

I want to see Brown/Condit, Benavidez/Moraga or Reis, and Mizugaki/Wineland

All 3 would be fun

Pretty sure machida v rockhold has been verbally agreed to by both fighters. Nothing on paper though.

Frankie vs Urijah
Manuwa vs OSP
JDS vs Browne
Thatch vs Story
Alves vs Condit

Aldo vs Pettis.

Biggest fought in mma after Jones vs DC

Frankie vs Urijah
Manuwa vs OSP
JDS vs Browne
Thatch vs Story
Alves vs Condit

JDS/Browne feels like it should be next. Both coming off of wins and not many HW's near the top with a legit shot at winning gold.

Only one I would change is have Browne vs Rothwell and JDS vs Arlovski the rest are perfect

These are not my dream fights, just fights I believe should happen for the sake of the division

1. Joseph Benavidez vs John Moraga-Both have fought and lost their title fights. They need to make this fight so these don't have to fight anymore up and comers. This fight could help set the winner up for a title fight in the future while protecting the other prospects. Plus it would be a solid fight.

2. Stipe Miocic vs Mark Hunt-Puts the winner right back into the title contention talk. Good style match up, with Stipe using boxing to set up takedowns against Hunts huge power and great TDD.

3. Andrei Arlovski vs Ben Rothwell II-A rematch that could decide the next top contender at Heavyweight. Both have power and are coming off big wins.

4. Lyoto Machida vs Luke Rockhold-Ok this one is a dream fight but it would also decide the next contender for the MW belt. This would a technical stand up fight between two of the best.

5. Demetrius Johnson vs John Dodson II-The only man to give Mighty Mouse trouble, this is the fight to make at FLW.

All fights make sense but there are things I would do for selfish reasons. I'd give Andrei one more big fight to give him the title shot, maybe JDS. If Andrei beat Rothwell it wouldn't do anything for him and also do little for Rothwell as well.

Also Rockhold should fight someone that is good but he will probably win to get a title shot. I don't like when fighters are protected I just don't wanna see Lyoto wipe out every contender. Or if Rockhold wins he gets his shot.

Shawn Jordan vs Travis Browne. Michael McDonald vs Eddie Wineland or Brian Caraway for the lols.

I like the idea of Wineland vs. Mizugaki, big fan of Wineland and just hope he fights at least one more time if possible. Go out on a win.

Edgar vs. Mendes.
Hendricks vs. Condit II, preferably a five-round main event for FS1 or something like that.
Swanson vs. Bermudez.
Dillashaw vs. Barao II.. There's no one else for TJ to fight.
Bisping vs. Dollaway.

Just some random ones I came up with, bolded with the ones I think would win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back