45 year old Silva looked good in there considering all the fight mileage/years

GrayArea

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And he was on his way to being up 30-27 after 3 rounds before he got over aggressive and knocked down at the end of round 3.

Hespect to the legend and GOAT stil testing his skills at age 45 against a top 10 fighter in his prime. No fear in this legend.

Lol

When was Anderson’s last legit win (the robbery over Brunson doesn’t count)

It's crazy how slow/good he ages.

Who knows how the fight would've gone if he didn't rush in on Hall in the most irresponsible manner...

Still a good showing on Silva's side.
download.jpg

Lol

When was Anderson’s last legit win (the robbery over Brunson doesn’t count)

A long time ago, but he's also only fought top 10 fighters. If they'd given him someone from the Contender Series he could well have gone out on a win.

Anderson is still in his prime, Hall has always just been a bad matchup for him.

I agree. The guy is 45 years old and is falling apart, yet was still able to keep Uriah second guessing his movements. It was an ugly ending but it wasn't a bad performance to retire on.

Chael Sonnen already told Hall that he can beat Anderson ( in a TUF episode) :)

I thought that was a perfect fight for Silva to retire on. A warrior's performance and he went out on his shield against a fighter similar to himself. I love The Spider but...I think it's time. If he keeps his brain intact health he's got 40 more years of wealth and happiness.

Couture looked good until the crane kick.

Not really, that combination he was trying to throw before the knockout was amateur hour. He was a great fighter but he's done

Mike Tyson will probably look good at age 54. Better than a lot of younger guys, as he was so far ahead of most guys his own age when on top. If they get to a certain level some of it stays. Like for 40 they're like most that are 30, and so forth. Silva will still tool a lot of 20-year-olds in sparring.

But it's tough to watch him knowing what he would've done to Hall and Brunson and these guys at his best. There are flashes of the old to appreciate. Those would show more if he'd fight some lower caliber guys. He can still entertain if given the right class of opponent.

I'd say he's the best showman this sport has seen, and he did the show stuff as the best fighter in the world. I'd imagine this is hard to just stop completely.

eventually everyone in here going it 45.... some cant just walk away...o_O im older the the spider lol

Back