Media Jason Wilnis Beat Izzy AND Pereira - On Path to UFC

Siver!

Sedriques Dumbass Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hope so. I am a huge KB fan and love to see more and more of these guys crossover. It always makes for intriguing matchups and let’s be real MW needs as much talent as it can get!

In his last fight with Pereira he got KTFO though..

But I like the guy a lot, he’s a very good kickboxer (former Glory and It’s Showtime MW-champ) and is training MMA for quite some time now..
His opponent tomorrow, Radek Paczuski from Poland, also is a former kickboxer (3-0 MMA). Should be a fun standup fight!

But I like the guy a lot, he’s a very good kickboxer (former Glory and It’s Showtime MW-champ) and is training MMA for quite some time now..
His opponent tomorrow, Radek Paczuski from Poland, also is a former kickboxer (3-0 MMA). Should be a fun standup fight!

Would you happen to know what time that KSW event starts at tomorrow? I used to like watching Wilnis in GLORY. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the cage.

If people don't like leg kick decisionator Izzy they're definitely not gonna like Wilnis!

Also, his title fight vs. Adesasnya is considered a robbery by a lot of people. The crowd booed the fuck out of the decision.

Izzy started well but Wilnis took round 2 and 3

close but clear 2-1 for wilnis imo

Would you happen to know what time that KSW event starts at tomorrow? I used to like watching Wilnis in GLORY. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the cage.
Me too, his first two MMA fights in Levels Fight League didn’t disappoint

KSW 70 starts tomorrow at 19:00 am ET.
You can watch the event if you’re subscribed to Viaplay (in some counties), and otherwise you can buy the PPV for 10 bucks..
https://kswtv.com/tv/kswmma

305D98E6-D00C-4AF3-8E8C-E879B86A92D4.jpeg

This is common. They all fight eachtother multiple times for this reason.
I get what you’re saying mate, but that wasn’t the case here.
At the point Pereira and Wilnis fought for the third time, Pereira had outgrown Wilnis by a large margin
That’s why Poatan walked through Psycho with this knockout..

I didn't realize he had transitioned to MMA - his trilogy with Simon Marcus was really entertaining. If you are a fan of kickboxing, definitely check those fights out.

While I know that the term K-1 level striking is a bit of a meme on this site, the talent difference between a world class kickboxer and a good MMA striker is world's apart. Unfortunately, those skills rarely carry over from Kickboxing to MMA (which is what makes Adesanya and Pereira so special... just like Cro-Cop was).

I get what you’re saying mate, but that wasn’t the case here.
At the point Pereira and Wilnis fought for the third time, Pereira had outgrown Wilnis by a large margin
That’s why Poatan walked through Psycho with this knockout..

Fair enough. Just meant to say KOs are a little different in KB.

Cool.
Thanks for the heads up TS.

I haven't seen him. I'll try to catch tomorrow's fight.

I didn't realize he had transitioned to MMA - his trilogy with Simon Marcus was really entertaining. If you are a fan of kickboxing, definitely check those fights out.

While I know that the term K-1 level striking is a bit of a meme on this site, the talent difference between a world class kickboxer and a good MMA striker is world's apart. Unfortunately, those skills rarely carry over from Kickboxing to MMA (which is what makes Adesanya and Pereira so special... just like Cro-Cop was).
Yeah you’re right.
I think usually the typical Dutch style kickboxing doesn’t translate supersuper well to MMA.
The guys you mentioned don’t have that style of kickboxing, so their fighting style plays a big part in their MMA succes I think
Jason Wilnis fights dutch style kickboxing, so I hope he breaks the pattern tomorrow and proves me wrong :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back