If Old Man Glover manages to become champ in 2021, what does that say about 205?

God these threads are so fuckin stupid.

First of all Glover didnt become champ yet,so hold your fuckin horses.

Second,anything can happen

Third,Jan is not young himself.

Fourth,if an older guy happens to become champ,it does not make you smart for pointing that out to disparage a division

Fifth, Prochazka bless.

That the division is incredibly mediocre and stagnant.
That the champ abandoned the division after some shitty (close) splits and has since been dropped in the p4p because he is either suspended, in trouble, (cheating, hit n run, roids, drugs...) or thinks he's worth more than he is -- despite not even being on the top 20 selling PPV's of all time.... Didn't even break the 1 mil club?

He said he was going HW. Sign a fucking contract already lol.

LHW has MOVED ON.

And I hope Glover gets this.... it would show that years of being a bad ass and hard work and sticking with it pays off.

Just put your balls on the table and say the division sucks if you think it sucks.

I think you all suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for gonoBTW,and he's been banned

<DCrying>

Absolutely comedic if he manages to beat a Prime Jan and secures the belt.
Its not comedic at all. Jan is 38, Glover is 41. They’re both equally old. In fact it speaks how great they both are being able to beat young competition and getting to the position they are today.
Two wardogs that lasted decades in the sport. I have so much respect for them both, its gonna be a great fight.

I think Glovers continued relevance is partly the result of him being one of the few good grapples in the division, the UFC kicking Bader and Davis out I think meant it was much easier to get to the top of the division without really being tested there in recent years.

Glover is on a nice streak but he got a TS off of Smith and post surgery Santos. So even though he earned the #1 spot it doesn't mean he beat the cream of the crop to get there (Jiri, Rakic, Ankalaev, Reyes).

Besides Jiri, Rakic, Ankalaev and the current version of Jan would be top contenders in any era of LHW. The division is fine.

Jiri and Rakic both beat Glover. His age will show likely in this Jan fight. Can't keep going forever. But he did enough to fight for the belt. Situational thing.

Jan is getting old as well. He won't be champ at 40+. The division changes soon. Jiri or Rakic will be champ, possibly Ankalaev. And Nemkov should sign with the UFC if he beats Corey, as there's not much left for him at BT after that. Then 205 at the top becomes interesting.

Jiri and Rakic both beat Glover. His age will show likely in this Jan fight. Can't keep going forever. But he did enough to fight for the belt. Situational thing.

Jan is getting old as well. He won't be champ at 40+. The division changes soon. Jiri or Rakic will be champ, possibly Ankalaev. And Nemkov should sign with the UFC if he beats Corey, as there's not much left for him at BT after that. Then 205 at the top becomes interesting.
nemkov has no reason to come to the ufc.

Him winning doesn't say anything good or bad about the 205 division. But it certainly does say something about him and his abilities at his age.

Also how is it comedic if a guy with a 5 fight winning streak wins the title? How is that comedic?

nothing about 205 everything about glover. hes a special athlete. guy missed out on like 6 years of his prime. making up for it with this fight imo

I think Glovers continued relevance is partly the result of him being one of the few good grapples in the division, the UFC kicking Bader and Davis out I think meant it was much easier to get to the top of the division without really being tested there in recent years.
Good point, the division is a wasteland of talent in the grappling department. Smith is probably one of the better grapplers in the top 10 and he got absolutely manhandled on the mat by Glover.

Back