Volk or Usman: who is #1 P4P?

Azyy

!!!
@Orange
Reaction score
I’ve seen this brought up on Twitter recently.

There are arguments for and against both of them. Usman is more dominant but Volk is fighting better opponents on paper.

I think either fighter can be considered #1 atm.

Usman, easy. He cleaned out his division with zero doubt. Volk is a champion, but he has had to dig deep in some situations

Usman...beat more good fighters and more impressively too.

Neck and neck.

I think that Volk is more skilled all around and has beaten better opponents, but Usman is on a longer winning streak in his division and has become a devastating finsher at the elite level.

Glad that Volk is finally starting to get respect though. Got overshadowed as a contender by Zabit and then took shit for the Holloway rematch for over a year.

Usman imo ….resume not much different, but Usman has been much more dominant

The champion who is showing bigger superiority is Usman, if not Israel.
Volk just defeated his 2nd tittle challenger and his feud with Max is not done yet.

Usman he’s been far more active this year

Usman 1

Volk 2

Israel 3

don’t know why Jones is still 1 on PFP when he’s in jail and hasn’t had a fight since Jan of 2020

Volk is beating the GOATs of his division. Usman is cleaning up 155's sloppy seconds

Anyone that says it's clearly one or the other is probably biased. It's close but I'd give the nod to Volk because he's overcoming size disadvantages against some great fighters. Slightly higher quality of opposition as well. Both have also had some close fights.

Usman, easy. He cleaned out his division with zero doubt. Volk is a champion, but he has had to dig deep in some situations

Usman's division is trash and 145lbs is a shark tank. I agree its Usman but if you don't acknowledge this, your opinion is worthless.

Usman out here beating 40 year old Woodley, 55 year old Maia, lightweights galore who couldn't contend in the deeper 155 division so they moved up and went to war with Colby who.....Is pretty mediocre besides just being a grindy wrestler with a high pace, in my opinion. Hes reigning in WW divison that's as bad as its been in the last decade and not "because he made it look that way" either.

That said, Volk has work to do. Most everyone thinks he lost the Max rematch, a trilogy probably needs to happen. Volk did eat the souls of the washed Mendes and Aldo as well, Ortega didn't really earn his title shot. Gonna be fun to see what Chikadze, Zabit, Max trilogy etc brings us.

Back