its absurd how a legend like Davis is disrespected here.

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
phil-davis.jpg

never been ko'd or submitted. despite the fact that he fought murderers in the hard hitting LHW weightclass and has gone 3 rounds with juicy Rumble and survived.
this man is the personification of hard work and a true sportsman. A lot of comments I read lately on this funny forum is people questioning "If he was really that good". You gotta be kidding me.. LEGEND
some mouth breathers say hes boring but i think Phil Davis is a top level fighter and a goat contender
and don't let me mention his body. I've never seen a body like Phil Davis. His body truly is sculpted to perfection. That is cliche, but I am just in awe of his body. I sounded completely gay while complimenting his body during the fight with Yoel

phil-davis.jpg

never been ko'd or submitted. despite the fact that he fought murderers in the hard hitting LHW weightclass and has gone 3 rounds with juicy Rumble and survived.
this man is the personification of hard work and a true sportsman. A lot of comments I read lately on this funny forum is people questioning "If he was really that good". You gotta be kidding me.. LEGEND
some mouth breathers say hes boring but i think Phil Davis is a top level fighter and a goat contender
and don't let me mention his body. I've never seen a body like Phil Davis. His body truly is sculpted to perfection. That is cliche, but I am just in awe of his body. I sounded completely gay while complimenting his body during the fight with Yoel

Davis is good, you can tell he always has options in there that gives him control in defense at least. I noticed that since UFC he just walks away from fights looking like he took little damage.

phil-davis.jpg

I think he has had a good career...a couple of gifted decisions, but sure he's world class.....its just that you're in love with him by way of man crush, not that there is anything wrong with that.

phil-davis.jpg

He is a good fighter and "beat" a lot of guys. But he is boring and wins decisions he shouldn't. He has lots of split decisions and decisions that make zero sense. Legends aren't boring guys who "win" by taking you down and taking a nap. He just exploits the crappy american judging system. No matter who he is matched up against I have no interest in his fights, because he makes every fight terrible.

Very underrated and one the most durable LHWs out there. The guy has been world class for over a decade, and has had one of the toughest schedules. At 36 he is still top 5 in the world, IMO. His problem is that he has wasted his potential to be great and flown under the radar by playing it safe and doing the bare minimum to win. If he fought more offensive and mixed it up more like he did in his last fight, he can beat anyone in the world, including Nemkov, Jiri, or Jan.

Very underrated career so far. Great fighter who's been at it for years. Anyone in any sport who can perform for 10+ years at the top has my respect. Takes a lot of dedication perseverance and consistency to stay there.

The guy has faced Glover, Gustafsson, Rumble, Rashad, Kingo Mo, Machida x2, Nemkov x2, Bader x2, Yoel and had never been hurt.

I think with the exception of Rumble and Nemkov the 2nd time, he has never been dominated. On thr other hand, he never finished any of them with the exception of Gustafsson.

he is rated where he should be..former title holder in a second tier org, very good not great fighter, good fight iq etc. Legend though? That's a bit like saying Matt Ryan and Tom Brady are BOTH legends.

Back