News Don Madge Released From UFC; Will Face Nate Williams at PFL 10

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

He got removed from the fan rankings long ago and I assumed it was a mistake but guess it was true about his release

Hm. Well at first it seems very shocking because he's on a winning streak. He's an exciting international (South africa) fighter who finishes people, wins, and has personality.

Ultimately he is very inactive. He usually fights once a year. I just saw he hasn't had a UFC fight for 2 years. Ooof

Bizarre, I wonder what happened there? Didn't he have a fight lined up not long ago? Weird release after just 2 fights.

Bizarre.

He looked amazing in his debut against Edwards.

His second fight was a boring but dominant win over Fares Ziam, and that win has aged fairly well.

He was supposed to fight against Kuteteladze twice, but that fell through.

Probably wanted out of the UFC so he can make more money elsewhere. Good for him. Hope he does well.

I think sometimes Dana wants to release low level UFC guys so they can kick ass and devalue other organizations.

Showing the UFC is the best show in town.

I think sometimes Dana wants to release low level UFC guys so they can kick ass and devalue other organizations.

And the last time this happened was.....? UFC releases boring but good fighters because they are good enough to beat their hype jobs but will fight boring bouts.

Most UFC fans don't pay attention to other orgs, so I doubt Dana cares too much whether people he releases win or lose. What percentage of UFC fans even know that PFL exists?

Most UFC fans don't pay attention to other orgs, so I doubt Dana cares too much whether people he releases win or lose. What percentage of UFC fans even know that PFL exists?

Admittedly I’ve never actually watched PFL and have only seen Bellator a few times.

How do you explain the contender series?

Another idiot who thinks everyone from that show is a can, even though there is statistical evidence (like that fighters from CS have a better overall record in the UFC than guys who joined the org directly since CS came into existence) that it has improved the overall talent of the roster and that nearly every division has ranked fighters who fought on the CS. Pathetic casual

I have the feeling he got starved out after KO'ing that Contender Series guy Dana was high on

Looks related to Lee Murray. Did he fight like him?

who.gif

whatever-yeah.gif

Another idiot who thinks everyone from that show is a can, even though there is statistical evidence (like that fighters from CS have a better overall record in the UFC than guys who joined the org directly since CS came into existence) that it has improved the overall talent of the roster and that nearly every division has ranked fighters who fought on the CS. Pathetic casual
Man, how much do you actually get paid posting for the UFC?

Also where do you have this "statistical evidence"? I don't ever expect you to post it but alas

Seeing as a quarter of the roster came through CS, I would expect some ranked guys lol, the only top 10 ranked guys are Geoff Neal and Alex Perez

Last edited:
Man, how much do you actually get paid posting for the UFC?

Also where do you have this "statistical evidence"? I don't ever expect you to post it but alas

Seeing as a quarter of the roster came through CS, I would expect some ranked guys lol, the only top 10 ranked guys are Geoff Neal and Alex Perez

Walker, Chikadze, Bontorin and Ige were on the show too.

Back