Nick Diaz Fight Week! What Are Your Expectations?

How Dominant Will Nick Diaz Look

• Total voters

Zebra Cheeks

Cheeky Bastard
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

It’s about time, this shit was taking foreeeeeeever.

What are your expectations on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being he looks outstanding and you expect him to push for a title shortly, and 1 being “why did we want to see him fight again?”

Honestly I'm not expecting much. I think nick battles anxiety really bad and this is probably a really rough week for him after a layoff that long. A layoff where many times in his head I'd assume he thought he was done.

I'll be impressed if he comes out and gives it his all win or lose.

I'm expecting him to get starched, he hasn't fought in almost 7 years and it's not like he's been taking care of himself and training consistently since then. Lawler is shot but he's still been active at least.

I hope I'm wrong because I like the guy, but I just don't see it.

If he’s going to be in contention he should finish Lawler. Anything else and he’s passed his best. He’s not any younger and although he never had an explosive/speed based fighting style, his age will probably affect his cardio. I hope he puts in a good display. Maybe if he looks okay and gets a win they’ll try and book him v Masvidal

While I understand the nostalgia and excitement for this fight, I think it’s going to be a big letdown and anti-climactic.

I doubt either fighter will come out looking like a killer or how we remember them from the past.

i’m still excited to see it though.

He will tap to strikes and bring shame to the 209

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back