It's been 543 days since Jon Jones last fought

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDux

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1 year, 5 months, 27 days...if I'm not mistaken, this is the longest he's gone without fighting since becoming a professional fighter.

He says he's going to be a champ in 2022 but he's surrounded by younger, hungrier Lions.

1315780883.0.jpg

a4b432ee-cfae-4657-9faa-506ba89a2dce.jpg

It's looking more and more like he's retired and just clowning folks.

Yeah I wonder if he's ever going to really fight again. Maybe just do some type of celebrity boxing or something. I wish he would come back and fight at heavy weight.

Jones might return to LHW, no way he is fighting Ngannou or whoever beats him other than maybe Stipe, if he had beat Ngannou, at LHW he would just do what he has done for years, lets not pretend some new guy is now the guy that will beat Jones, he isnt even the champ yet.

jiri is going get KO next fight sorry brotha. Spolier alert.

Dude's putting in work, and putting on size.

He was praying to the cocaine gods that Stipe would still hold the belt in 2022 as a washed up 40yo with more miles than a Kardashian and he can proclaim himself as GOAT by beating a shot version of Stipe

Enter Francis, Gane...

Bones <mma1>

Well maybe I can sneak back to LHW even tho I said I can't make it again after all the weight put on

Enter Jan, Rakic, Jiri, Ankalaev

Fuck it back to this coke
<mma1>

I think Jones would be foolish to take on Ngannou as his first HW fight. He needs to get comfortable fighting in the HW division since he will be slower than previously due to heavier frame. Plus TD's will be harder and the opponents will hit harder than what he is used to at LHW.

I'm highly confident Jones can dominate Jan at LHW if he trains properly and has his mental game right. Jones is technically undefeated. Probably didn't deserve the DQ vs. Hammill in a fight he was dominating and he very well could have gotten decision losses vs. Reyes and Gustafsson. But lots of fighters who've been in the game long enough have been in close fights and won or lost fights that should have been called the other way. Recently a UFC Fight Night headlined by Dillashaw and Sandhagen included multiple fights that had very questionable judges decisions including the main event.

He'll never fight again.

he ducked Ngannou plain and simple.
Dana just made an Interim Belt when his HW champ won the belt in March.. Badly is NOT about paying anyone..

If Jones career is over, it is about the Bald Goof being the Bald Goof..

Hmm...my guess is he'll call out the winner if Lewis/Gane
Fight for the interim title

1 year, 5 months, 27 days...if I'm not mistaken, this is the longest he's gone without fighting since becoming a professional fighter.

He says he's going to be a champ in 2022 but he's surrounded by younger, hungrier Lions.

1315780883.0.jpg

a4b432ee-cfae-4657-9faa-506ba89a2dce.jpg

It's looking more and more like he's retired and just clowning folks.

Why post a photo of a guy who is not LHW champ, and a photo of the current HW champ who may not be HW champ when he makes his debut at HW?

(Ngannou will most likely still be HW champ...but Jones is a smarter fighter with way more experience)

Time to take him out of the p4p ranking.

I see what you are saying...but P4P is kind of a joke, however it seems the UFC thinks he will return. He isn't ranked at LHW or HW in either UFC (which matters) or Sherdog for that matter.

People are just mad because he is taking his time, bulking up and doing the move to HW in what appears to be a well thought out transition. I mean, why risk it? The HW's are big strong boys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back