It's been 543 days since Jon Jones last fought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty common opinion but I think he fully intended to fight at HW until Francis destroyed Stipe which spooked him. Pretty sad his stock is plummeting and who knows how long Francis will be champion for. Jones VS Francis would have been a blockbuster.

And nobody is complaining because he's boring af

Yeah, the guy with a high number of title defenses, a guy that cut through the LHW division in violent fashion and made DC cry in the ring after violently KO'ing him is "boring." He's an idiot and has squandered quite a few years of his prime due to that stupidity but he's been anything but boring. If he's boring, the entirety of MMA is boring.

Yeah, the guy with a high number of title defenses, a guy that cut through the LHW division in violent fashion and made DC cry in the ring after violently KO'ing him is "boring." He's an idiot and has squandered quite a few years of his prime due to that stupidity but he's been anything but boring. If he's boring, the entirety of MMA is boring.
It's just my opinion brother. I'm not saying he's not great because he is but I'm not entertained by his fights
<Fedor23>

Why post a photo of a guy who is not LHW champ, and a photo of the current HW champ who may not be HW champ when he makes his debut at HW?

(Ngannou will most likely still be HW champ...but Jones is a smarter fighter with way more experience)

Because these 2 guys are the future of the LHW/HW decision.

He'll never fight again.

he ducked Ngannou plain and simple.

We talking about a guy who has never lost in the UFC. Not only that, he (despite all the nonsense and controversial decisions he has made) is an incredible fighter. He would have a legit chance to beat Ngannou. Just my 2 cents.

Jones says he's going to be a champ in 2022 but he's surrounded by younger, hungrier Lions.
Jones wouldn't be surrounded by younger anything in the UFC heavyweight division. He's the same age as the champ and Gane is the only contender meaningfully younger than Jones who hasn't taken more damage than Jones over the course of his career. Jones tops the field at heavyweight by a wide margin (and historically any heavyweight other than prime Fedor) in speed, all-around skill, and fight IQ. How hungry Jones is is a matter yet to be determined; he had no hunger (and nothing left to accomplish) at light heavyweight by the end of his run there, but he's training like he's serious about heavyweight and he knows that a heavyweight title and a few defenses would be accomplishments that make him the clear GOAT.

Hopefully Dana White gets his head out of his ass and we get to find out where Jones stands at heavyweight. If he's genuinely hungry and given the opportunity, Champ 2022 is more likely than not.

Jones wouldn't be surrounded by younger anything in the UFC heavyweight division. He's the same age as the champ and Gane is the only contender meaningfully younger than Jones who hasn't taken more damage than Jones over the course of his career. Jones tops the field at heavyweight by a wide margin (and historically any heavyweight other than prime Fedor) in speed, all-around skill, and fight IQ. How hungry Jones is is a matter yet to be determined; he had no hunger (and nothing left to accomplish) at light heavyweight by the end of his run there, but he's training like he's serious about heavyweight and he knows that a heavyweight title and a few defenses would be accomplishments that make him the clear GOAT.

Hopefully Dana White gets his head out of his ass and we get to find out where Jones stands at heavyweight. If he's genuinely hungry and given the opportunity, Champ 2022 is more likely than not.
And this comment is based on what? All the fights he's never had at HW?

I agree on one thing though. I hope Dana pays the man, because I can't wait to see how he does fighting guys his own size and watch them HW's test his chin.

Lifting weights to get bigger will not help his chin, his cardio or his speed at all. Jones won't earn a title shot, he's waiting to be handed one. Frankly, I doubt he has the KO power to one-shot most of the top heavyweights and if he can't avoid the big men, his stint at HW is not going to be very long. And you know USADA's just chomping at the bit to test Jones, lmao. If Jones was smart, he'd take a couple fights to test the waters at HW instead of wading into the deep end right away.

And people can argue about his GOAT status until they are blue in the face, those asterisks are never going away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back