Why did Dana cave in to Conor’s wage demands all those years ago?

Marko Polo

Thank you Jurgen
@Black
Reaction score
Conor broke the mould as far as mma pay goes, but I wonder whether Dana regrets giving in to Conor years back. There must have been a point where they both felt a shift in power towards Mcgregor, but Conor has always needed the UFC, well only until lately, but when he was building his brand. Sure he could have went to Bellator or somewhere and become another Venom Page but that wouldn’t have led to the big bucks.

Surprising that he did IMO. The Floyd fight was the biggest misstep. But that really was WME's doing. they heavily leveraged themselves to over pay for the UFC and McGregor was a big part of inflating that ultimate sale price.

Dollar signs baby.
But in all honesty I wonder what Mcgregor’s devils deal was? Money,fame,opportunity but we milk you for every penny your worth.

<BC1>

hi-res-087d2ba463edf7130e96de44ef00b358_crop_north.jpg

12209963_g.jpg

Back when Conor wanted Khabib in Russia… Isn’t he awesome?

Conor broke the mould as far as mma pay goes, but I wonder whether Dana regrets giving in to Conor years back. There must have been a point where they both felt a shift in power towards Mcgregor, but Conor has always needed the UFC, well only until lately, but when he was building his brand. Sure he could have went to Bellator or somewhere and become another Venom Page but that wouldn’t have led to the big bucks.
Dana is a greedy fuck.
But he didn't cave in. he chose money NOW over money in the future.

They both made millions. Conor furthered UFC around the globe. So both profited.

He didn't cave in to anything. They made deals that made them both a lot of money.

Conor knew his worth. He negotiated hard but fairly, it seems.

If anyone else sells 2m PPV's, I'm sure Dana will give them big points after half a million sales too.

Conor has made the UFC probably about half a billion dollars at least. I'm sure the UFC is so sad about that.

It's the casuals that funded Conor bank account, his entire fanbase are casuals.

WWE crossover fans.

so making 3 milliion fight purse is a bad thing?

ufc caving to conor? The same ufc that pulled conor from ufc 200 main event slot because he didn't want to go to the press conference?

Dana and ufc will never bend over for a single fighter like they proved so many times. Ignoring jones' request for more money and creating the interim HW belt to move on is one recent example.

Back