Henry Cejudo was a badass. Why step away from a stacked division?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He had so many great fights ahead of him.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

Cejudo vs. Volkanovski to be the 3 weight champ.

He could have been the best ufc fighter of all time with some more work.

No care about legacy?

It's weird he retired so quick. Guy had a lot more fights left to even begin to be said to be p4p best. Probably trying to renegotiate his contract. The problem is when these guys come back after years of nothing they're always just a shell of the man they used to be. I guarantee if the nick Diaz fight happens he's gonna get blown out of the water round one or two.

Sterling?
<Dany07>
tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

the current champion is a pathetic actor, who took the most brutal knockout in the category Cejudo has no motivation to fight these losers.

better to fuck girls than fight second class, his legacy is done he destroyed the greatest champion in his class, TJ and he is Olympic champion!!

images

When your right, your right.
View attachment 870752

He has the Gold..

I loled in real life.

I wasn’t crazy about the pretending to be hurt. But the alternative was to stand up and get finished and never be in the title picture again.

He’s going to get another 1-2 title fights because of his acting.

And if he improves might even catch a break and submit Yan or Dillashaw. He’s no slouch on the ground.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

No care about legacy?

imo in his position he did the best thing he could. he went after volk. the ufc wasn't going to make this fight or pay him well for it. but he tried.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

No care about legacy?

We tend to criticize dependent on the potential fights and yes Cejudo had the potential you write about but dont forget he had a long elite level wrestling career before mma. This guy has competed and trained since childhood without many breaks.
A lot of wrestlers at that level are finished physical after the wrestling career and he even got a title in mma. At some point its understandable that he burned out and neded to step away from it.

Cejudo was just needing time to post some cringe shit on social media I guess.

He either retired because he wanted to enjoy life post-athletic career.

or

He retired in the hopes of getting lured back for a huge payday (if so, failed miserably).

or

Both.

I don't think "stacked division" had anything to do with his decision.

Probably money. But people also forget he was never the most disciplined or committed athlete (by elite standards). Several weight misses, showing up to camp late during his wrestling days, not surrounding himself with the best people, etc. He probably doesn't love the grind as much as some athletes, which is fine. Good for him to walk away on top.

Fups sakes who cares about the manlets. I could literally sit on that man and the fight would be over. Nothing but a freakshow division.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

No care about legacy?

Legacy is a joke.

Prize fighting is a career. Do you care about the "legacy" you leave at your job, or do you want to maximize your earnings while having the highest quality of life you can achieve?

We know from the class action lawsuit that the UFC only pays a measly ~18% of revenue. That includes every bonus, PPV points even the performance institute. These guys are exchanging brain damage for table scraps.

You should be mad the UFC pays so poorly it makes more sense for Henry to walk away on top in his prime then keep fighting for peanuts.

He's a olympic gold medalist and a UFC double champ. He beat the greatest flyweight ever and the two best bantamweights ever. What is Yan or Aljo going to add to his legacy?

Absolutely nothing lol.

Back