Henry Cejudo was a badass. Why step away from a stacked division?

It's weird he retired so quick. Guy had a lot more fights left to even begin to be said to be p4p best. Probably trying to renegotiate his contract. The problem is when these guys come back after years of nothing they're always just a shell of the man they used to be. I guarantee if the nick Diaz fight happens he's gonna get blown out of the water round one or two.

I'm sure he had alot of wear an tear . He's been wrestling at the highest level since he was young . Wrestling will age your body fast.

tumblr_p0qxb41O5f1r7vh24o1_540.gifv

the current champion is a pathetic actor, who took the most brutal knockout in the category Cejudo has no motivation to fight these losers.

better to fuck girls than fight second class, his legacy is done he destroyed the greatest champion in his class, TJ and he is Olympic champion!!

images

Sterling came back from that loss and beat five contenders in a row without losing a round.

He also choked Sandhagen to sleep in 90 seconds.

Dude has a much better record against this division than Cejudo.

He's a olympic gold medalist and a UFC double champ. He beat the greatest flyweight ever and the two best bantamweights ever. What is Yan or Aljo going to add to his legacy?
meh,the dj/cejudo 2 was highly controversial and most of the people thought dj won. dj finished cejudo in the 1st,2nd bout that razor close decision which most likely had to go to dj,but since ufc was tired of dj and wanted him gone somehow he lost the title in a bout there he outworked his opponent
the tj win was legit,but then again tj was his worst enemy in that fight trying to make 125 and cheating in the process and compromising himself. cejudos best win is moraes at this point? you can spin the narrative as you like,but theres still so much unknowns. if cejudo continued i think he'd have lost by now. he made the right decision to retire on top and ride this wave he was on and retire...
man in his prime right now is just killing it by sitting out holding on all of that... if he believed more in himself I think he'd have stayed and kept fighting instead of just getting a great streak and retiring.
the greats defend and retire on top ala gsp & then its all said and done I still would rank dj over cejudo in terms of legacy

Other than winning a 3rd weight class title, there's nothing left for him to do. He left on top. Good for him.

He had so many great fights ahead of him.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

Cejudo vs. Volkanovski to be the 3 weight champ.

He could have been the best ufc fighter of all time with some more work.

No care about legacy?
Scared!

I had a friend who was ugly, nerd and bad with girls I paid a prostitute to him stop being a virgin and he married her, she now is his wife and is pregnant my shy friend is happy.
Well can't hate on that.

He was scared that he'd have to fight MM again... never really beat him.

the current champion is a pathetic actor, who took the most brutal knockout in the category Cejudo has no motivation to fight these losers.

better to fuck girls than fight second class, his legacy is done he destroyed the greatest champion in his class, TJ and he is Olympic champion!!

"Destroyed"?
AchingSillyBarebirdbat-size_restricted.gif

I had a friend who was ugly, nerd and bad with girls I paid a prostitute to him stop being a virgin and he married her, she now is his wife and is pregnant my shy friend is happy.
That’s kind of wholesome

He had so many great fights ahead of him.

Cejudo Vs. Yan.

Cejudo vs. Sterling.

Cejudo vs. Volkanovski to be the 3 weight champ.

He could have been the best ufc fighter of all time with some more work.

No care about legacy?

He wanted super fights only, specifically at 145 with Volkanaskiz and he wanted to get paid alot. Which UFC didnt want to do because Cejudo isn’t a draw. His King of Cringe Triple C stuff wasnt popular at all. People just treated him as a joke.

He should have defended belt more and built name up to get those big paydays but wasn’t willing to do that

I would love to see Cejudo in the mix at 135, but I don't think he wants to just be in the mix. He wants to be the top guy who gets to pick and choose big payday fights, but he's just not there yet. To reach the level he's acting like he's at, he'd probably have to beat Yan, and I don't see that happening.

He left cuz he was a double champ + olympic gold. Got turned down for a third title and said f it im not gonna stick around to see myself lose. I have nothing to add to my legacy.

Not enough dough, he's been there and done that plus, more to life for the man.

I don't think he really wanted to stick around and fight top contenders. At 125 he defended against a drained TJ and at 135 he defended against an old Cruz who hadn't fought in 4 years and was coming off a loss.

Cejudo was smart... he beat the best FLW of all time, then beat the BW Champ at FLW, then became BW champ and defended his belt. Conor proves what could happen if you stay at a higher weight too long. Cejudo wasn't going to break DJ's defense record. So without going for the defense record all he has to go for is a 3rd weight class belt. I can't imagine a 5'3 FW becoming champ. Credit to Cejudo, he did this after a wrestling career.

Tried to pull the fake retirement card thinking he was a draw for money which obviously backfired on him.

Because he wanted more money and wasn't broke enough to need to fight for cheap. Obviously values not having CTE more highly than 150/150 or whatever he was getting

Back