In hindsight, Conor may have been better off if he had fought Chandler

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dustin was the wrong choice.

Too good. Too well rounded.

Chandler is a great fighter but an aggressive glass cannon.

Conor could have caught him coming in and flatlined him with some of the shots he hit Poirier with.

We could be seeing Conor Oliveira and Dana would be counting his money even more so.

Oh wel.

Chandler would’ve took him down and pounded him out most likely...But Conor would have a good chance to land a fight alternate strike
Chandler against Conor?

I'd have to favor that like 25-1 in Conors favor.
That's one of the most easily predictable fights and honestly just a cash grab.
Were you being serious...?

Chandler finishes what Mendes started.

Everyone seems to forget even Poirier said in the rematch Conor almost knocked him out in the first.

Now imo the most winnable fight for McGregor is Gaethje. They guy's head movement is non existent and his entire defense strategy is chin. As soon as he attempts a leg kick a straight left is coming right down the pipe.

Last edited:

Everyone seems to forget even Poirier days in the rematch Conor almost knocked him out in the first.

Now imo the most winnable fight for McGregor is Gaethje. They guy's head movement is non existent and his entire defense strategy is chin. As soon as he attempts a leg kick a straight left is coming right down the pipe.
Agree 100%

Better against Gaethje who doesn’t use offensive wrestling and isn’t as tight on his punches.

Chandler would use his wrestling on Conor without hesitation.

He would have been better off remaining at 145.o_O

Everyone seems to forget even Poirier days in the rematch Conor almost knocked him out in the first.

I dunno about that one. Conor's power doesn't translate the same at 155, and you gotta do a lot to get Gaethje out of there. Be dicey for Gaethje early, but good chance he weathers the storm and finishes Conor in the 3rd or 4th.

Conor beats Chandler more times than he loses as Chsndler has a glass chin. DP crushes either

Chandler would have wrestlefucked Connor tho

he's a good gameplanner. He wouldn't try to continually dart in on someone with known power and timing, knowing that guy also has a massive grappling weakness.

Switch right hand to a double leg in under 30 seconds

Chandler definitely has better chance of blitzing through Conor in dominant fashion than Dustin, but I believe Conor would have a better shot at landing that one KO punch on Chandler over Dustin at this point. Pick your poison I guess as I see both fighters a very tough win for Conor at this point.

The real reason he picked Dustin I believe had more to do with PPV draw. I think he feels Dustin is a bigger draw than Chandler.

Worse, Chandler might be a better wrestler than Poirer.

210644d0d9e8cdb5d9b27ba12c4679cc.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back