Looking back at colby vs woodley

alex21cms

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Colby looked worst than he did against usman

Tyron s performace was embarazing he didn t even look like he wanted to be there

This was actually a better showing for Woodley than his effort at the Titan Games

Besides Nate M*, Woodley makes all of his opponents look bad - win or lose. And we live in a world where Masvidal got two title shots, so I don't care. Oos vs Coco 1 was fun, may as well run it back.

EDIT: * and Luque.

Last edited:
Besides Nate M, Woodley makes all of his opponents look bad - win or lose. And we live in a world where Masvidal got two title shots, so I don't care. Oos vs Coco 1 was fun, may as well run it back.
luque looked pretty good

Colby looked worst than he did against usman

Tyron s performace was embarazing he didn t even look like he wanted to be there

Colby beat Tyron.
Colby did not beat Kamaru.

Colby's performanc vs. Tryon was better because he won.

Tyron washed up when they fought. Tyron now boxing a YouTube guy named Paul.

Besides Nate M, Woodley makes all of his opponents look bad - win or lose. And we live in a world where Masvidal got two title shots, so I don't care. Oos vs Coco 1 was fun, may as well run it back.
Usman won every minute of his fight with Woodley. Lately it's the opposite, Woodley makes all of his opponents look like world-beaters.

Usman is never losing the belt smh

Colby beats Marty by "MY RIB! MY RIB!"

I mean the highlight is 2 mins 50 seconds of a 25 minute fight.

Also, I think Colby's new strategy for the Usman fight will be a decrease in volume. We saw a glimpse of it against Woodley.

He typically throws anywhere from 300-500 strikes over the course of 5 rounds. Against Woodley he only threw 143. He got a bit fatigued against Usman when they were matching pace.

I don't know if it'll work well, but I understand why he might want to decrease the volume. Usman can match his cardio. Trying to rock him by picking his shots or wrestle him seems to be the best way to change things up

From that highlight reel Colby's wrestling did look a lot more rugged than I was giving him credit for then I tend not to revisit a lot of Colby's fights. Still don't change the fact Woodley was a one foot out the cage fighter at the time with a history of sick girl lungz...

Last edited:
I disagree, Woodley showed up to fight vs Colby. He threw heat the first 3 rounds, 25 strikes attempted per round.

Compared to his Burns & Usman fights where he only threw 14 strikes & 11 strikes per round respectively, or 25 COMBINED.

Ya this matchup is not even close to the most egregious match that can be made right now. In fact out of all the options, this one seems about t best.

I disagree, Woodley showed up to fight vs Colby. He threw heat the first 3 rounds, 25 strikes attempted per round.

Compared to his Burns & Usman fights where he only threw 14 strikes & 11 strikes per round, respectively.

Curiously, Colby’s output vs Woodley was about half of what it was against Usman. I think that Colby’s confidence in his chin is not what it used to be after what Usman did to him. No one is talking about this now but just wait until the rematch.

I mean the highlight is 2 mins 50 seconds of a 25 minute fight.

Also, I think Colby's new strategy for the Usman fight will be a decrease in volume. We saw a glimpse of it against Woodley.

He typically throws anywhere from 300-500 strikes over the course of 5 rounds. Against Woodley he only threw 143. He got a bit fatigued against Usman when they were matching pace.

I don't know if it'll work well, but I understand why he might want to decrease the volume. Usman can match his cardio. Trying to rock him by picking his shots or wrestle him seems to be the best way to change things up
Colby doesn’t really rock anyone though and out wrestling Usman is gonna be a chore ....I think Colby is in trouble

Back