TJ really impressed me

ChoKuRei

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Although he got rocked a few times by Cory, most people go night night from those shots and end up on his highlight reel. TJs movement as a 35 year old bantamweight was impressive. Looked like he’s been training like a demon during the entirety of his suspension. Although a close decision and I could have seen it going either way, TJ impressed the shit outta me. Reminds me of Dominick Cruz’s comeback vs Mizugaki. RING RUST AINT REAL

Cardio and recovery were both off the charts, and he got more comfortable striking with Cory after he'd introduced the wrestling threat.

It looked like what Eddie Alvarez fought like against Pettis to get that win.

Corey looked easily a weight class above. Dude is 5’11 fighting at 135. TJ proved a lot tonight.

Yeah I don’t think there’s a worse matchup for TJ than Corey at 135. Yan is really good but he’s a slow starter and it might come back to bite him against TJ if they ever fight. Aljo doesn’t have much of a chance against TJ at all.

Yeah I don’t think there’s a worse matchup for TJ than Corey at 135. Yan is really good but he’s a slow starter and it might come back to bite him against TJ if they ever fight. Aljo doesn’t have much of a chance against TJ at all.
I think Corey is the worst matchup style wise for tj but I think yan beats anyone rn. Tj is a bad matchup for aljo though

i hate everything about him. but hes tuff af

Very impressive wrestling such a big dude and keeping such a high pace and pressure constantly! And of course being able to absorb the damage and keep going forward.

He's legit regardless of whether or not he took PED's. His career is tainted until he can get back to where he was IMO.

Yeah, Sandhagen's length and crisp counterpunching gave him problems, but his own striking was lit AF too. If he'd started kicking the legs earlier he might have worn Sandhagen down.

I've always hated TJ but I strangely found myself rooting for him. He has that meanness and tenacity that I love about some fighters (Yan being another)

Yeah, Sandhagen's length and crisp counterpunching gave him problems, but his own striking was lit AF too. If he'd started kicking the legs earlier he might have worn Sandhagen down.

I've always hated TJ but I strangely found myself rooting for him. He has that meanness and tenacity that I love about some fighters (Yan being another)
I agree with a lot of shit you say bro!
TJ looked solid

Back