PEDs aside. Is there anyone else who thinks a prime TJ is the best fighter they have ever seen?

MuayThai101

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just talking pure skills here. Man, TJ is the most advanced fighter this sport has had imo. The things he were doing was the highest level the sport has seen. I always regarded him as the Lomachenko of MMA. I always watch his padwork on instagram and try to learn his style in the gym. Its next level stuff.

Anyone else feels this way? If he comes out looking like his old self, can we just chalk it up to him using PED to combat the weight cut and nothing more? Because it would be a damn shame to not give him respect for the work of art he does in the cage.

Just talking pure skills here. Man, TJ is the most advanced fighter this sport has had imo. The things he were doing was the highest level the sport has seen. I always regarded him as the Lomachenko of MMA. I always watch his padwork on instagram and try to learn his style in the gym. Its next level stuff.

Anyone else feels this way? If he comes out looking like his old self, can we just chalk it up to him using PED to combat the weight cut and nothing more? Because it would be a damn shame to not give him respect for the work of art he does in the cage.
Nope.

Doesn’t he lose every fourth fight or something? No, he’s not. He’s elite. Extremely high level. Not the best though.

Chimaev said he watched a lot of Dillashaw because the technical level was so high.

Disregarding that, he's in the upper echelon any way you slice it. His skill set is stupidly well rounded, but it's his transitional fluidity that makes him so insane. The guy's footwork is near perfect for MMA and he instinctively utilizes it to take advantage of so many situations.

We'll see how he looks upon his return, but the guy who destroyed Cody twice is a monster.

How can he be the goat when he lost to past prime Cruze while in his prime?

And not to be a dick, but Loma is nowhere near goat tier in boxing either lol

<36>

He was damn good. I honestly felt that he was on his way to being a top 10 all time fighter. His combinations, footwork, stance switching, takedowns, fight IQ were all so good.

I think he improved following the Cruz fight (toned it down a bit and wasn’t as aggressive) and I think prime TJ gets the decision over prime Cruz. TJ has shown to be good at adapting in rematches.

I will say that I think TJ could always lose though. I think he’s a tough guy who recovers well but for an elite fighter his chin is more on the average side. His defense is good but he does still get hit. He gets compared to Cruz but TJ took way more risks and he used his movement to set up offense.

I would pick prime TJ to beat basically any BW ever in a best of 3 though. Maybe my opinion might change tonight if Sandhagen mops the floor with him.

I think if Cejudo and MM fought him at BW instead, it would be more crazy competitive. TJ might even win.

How can he be the goat when he lost to past prime Cruze while in his prime?

And not to be a dick, but Loma is nowhere near goat tier in boxing either lol
I never said he is GOAT. Being the best does mot mean you have the best resume. Sure he may lose a fight here and there. His chin is definitely not the best. He couldn’t get it going against Cruz. But on a pure skill for skill level. What he does is imo the most advanced shit in the sport. He is technically the best fighter i have personally seen. Doesnt mean he is on my top 5 goat list.

Best fighters i ever seen are A.s gsp and jj in no particular order.

Not necessarly.

He improved leaps and bounds with duane ludwig when he was at TAM, same with some guys there but the most noticeable was TJ. Prime by Prime i think DJ and GSP; those 2 are the definition of the best prime by prime and skill by skill

If someone starts a PEDs promotion it'll be even more popular than the UFC

Back