PEDs aside. Is there anyone else who thinks a prime TJ is the best fighter they have ever seen?

no
past his prime injury Dom Cruz took him to a split decision (and won)

then he had 2 slugfests against a declining Cody, and got KOd by Cejudo within 90 seconds. how can he be the best fighter ive ever seen?

For me, if you say someone is the best fighter ever they should look or feel unbeatable, have that "aura". Skillwise he's up there but even in his prime, he looked very beatable. Heck, past prime Cruz actually did beat him.

Dodson knocked him out without much fuss.

TJ then suddenly looks like he needs a bra, followed by endless cardio combos for days.

You can't say "high end PEDS aside," its a pointless discussion. You remember Vitor literally wheel kick KO'ing people when he was sauced, then getting his ass kicked repeatedly when he was forced off PEDS?

TJ off PEDS is likely a middle of the pack top 10 fighter at his peak.

Prime Aldo, because of his athleticism and chin and technique, but apart from that, TJ would be a tied second with DJ and Cruz and Silva and Prime Jones imo.

A lot of haters due to getting popped for EPO, but in terms of pure skill, TJ's right up there. I loved his fight with someone else at the top echelon in Dom Cruz. Probably the fight with the two most skilled guys in a single fight ever with Cruz.

The only person who I think was more overall skilled is Valentina and maybe Jones in his prime.

DJ GSP
Aldo TJ Jones
Cruz Silva Khabib

Ventina
Amanda Rose
Cyborg Holly Joanna

Last edited:
Back