If you could tell McGregor one thing to beat Poirier

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
What would be the one piece of advice you'd give Conor to beat Dustin in the rubber match?

I know everyone is going to say to check the leg kicks but I think I would tell Conor to throw more of his own kicks whether they be to the legs or the body.

Get the handwraps from margaritos coach.

If dustin plays it smart Connor has no chance. He has to avoid him for first round. Conors cardio is so shitty that he is basically done after that regarding a ko and Conor does not win on points. If the opponent fights like that Conor looses against every top15 lw.

From Conors pov blitz Dustin and risk it all in round 1. Full on agression from start.

Last edited:
Try to punch him in the head and also don’t get punched

BonyWhichBabirusa-max-1mb.gif

Cheque the leg kick
Underrated.

But seriously my take is to work on checking kicks. Dustin's takedown seemed to tire them both out equally.

Conor can do amazing things when he's hungry. He's just not hungry which is why he'll probably lose again. He goes in, gets another what... $20 mil? He doesn't care if he wins or loses if he's bringing home that kind of money.

194 McGregor would have been a challenge even for Khabib (if they were at the same weight of course), and a nightmare for anyone else. He WAS a nightmare for everyone else but he didn't have a lot of cash. He got a taste of it and was propelled by an ambition that few will ever know.

But that time is over. He's wearing watches that have yachts on them.

Back