If you could tell McGregor one thing to beat Poirier

One price of advice to beat one of, if not thee best LW on the planet?

manage the distance and wait for counters.

A healthy rule of thumb is to stand at a distance that you can confidently talk shit from without worrying about getting hit.

More touch butt!!!!
It was working!!!

Speaking of which, where is Touchbutt these days? I miss seeing Touchbutt in the background. He is on the Mt. Rushmore of dubious corner guys along with Fabia, Edmond, and maybe... ?

Touch him with teh jab!

Keep your chin down. Pace yourself and don't rush it. Keep Dustin with his back to the fence. When Dustin is on the outside work the front kick. I would tell Conor to keep him frustrated on the outside and to be ready with that left when he rushes in.

probably the best thing he could do is go somewhere remote for 8 weeks with the team he trained with when he first came to the UFC and get off his high horse and listen to what his coaches tell him.

I’d tell him about the Interlocking Fish Smash
I’d tell him about the Interlocking Fish Smash
_EBp5K.gif

Kick him in the nuts and poke him in the eye and say sorry I didn’t mean it. Has worked for others when facing difficult opposition.

"hey, conor, use your nasty right hand, the one you have been hiding all these years"

"Head movement, head movement! You are doing great, now head movement!"

Come to the fight as big as possible. One of those clean shots would have dropped Poirier if Conor too would've come at 175+ pounds instead of being lazy with the weight cut.

Leg kicks, takedowns etc. all of those wouldn't matter and won't matter if Conor has more weight behind his punches.

What would be the one piece of advice you'd give Conor to beat Dustin in the rubber match?

I know everyone is going to say to check the leg kicks but I think I would tell Conor to throw more of his own kicks whether they be to the legs or the body.
With all due respect coach cavanaugh (which no offense, means none,) your cash cow was never very good as soon as he got matched against people his size. Theres nothing I can tell you... maybe you can have another interview where u pretend to say something secret from the gameplan again and ask ariel to cut that part out. I know there are no secrets and hes not gonna do anything different but try to check better, but i can't think of anything else.

Back