Usman just needs to surpass GSP and retire

Meh, it would be close if he beat all those guys, but right now, half his defenses are against a guy who's almost 37 and has 15 losses and the others 2 were fights where he was 2 minutes away from losing a decision before landing a big punch halfway through the 5th, and got dropped by Burns and came back. Beating Colby again, Luque and Wonderoldman would be his best wins.

I don't know if that will do it. It just won't be clear enough. In order to pass GSP he's gonna have to make it really obvious where there is no debate.

he cant without the MW strap

people should call on Izzy to "allow it"

IMO izzy thinks usman is fake nigerian

Last edited:
He will have to get in contact with UFO's to surpass GSP.

As simple as 1, 2, 3.

Right?

he has to retire for a year then come back and win the MW title.... That aside, i dont think he will surpass GSP in most peoples eyes... just like Lebron wont surpass MJ or Mayweather surpass Ali....

he has to retire for a year then come back and win the MW title.... That aside, i dont think he will surpass GSP in most peoples eyes... just like Lebron wont surpass MJ or Mayweather surpass Ali....

Winning a paper MW belt over a non-Top 5 fighter is not an achievement - especially when you never defend against a Top 5 opponent.

4 fights man.

Colby 2

Wonderboy, hopefully he wins.

Leon Edwards

Michael Chiesa or Vicente Luque if he wins his next fight

and then just call it quits.

Even the most die-hard GSP fans won’t begrudge him the goat welterweight title if he does all of that.

Then he can ride off into the sunset.
Gsp won a middleweight title so he should probably also go up and fight izzy too.

He should actually get in enough work to even be having this conversation first in my opinion.

4 fights won’t do it, especially with him hand picking every defence.

TS is a dyed in the wool GSP hater, and should never be taken seriously. He started a thread a couple days ago trying to say Diaz, outstruck GSP. Fuck this clown.

Winning a paper MW belt over a non-Top 5 fighter is not an achievement - especially when you never defend against a Top 5 opponent.

Bisping won the belt by knockout against a guy who people figured was one of the top guys in the division at the time. Bisping was clearly capable of doing that even one eyed and past his prime. GSP was also getting older and out for years moving up to face an active champion.

Looking to diminish a fighter by clinging to snapshots of a few stumbles over a very long and dominant career is weak and everything that is wrong with a lot of greasy mma fans. The irritating truth is that people will argue competition which is clearly in GSP's favor so far.

All the power to usman if he can really challenge for goat ww but anyone with half a brain knows he has a ways to go and is in need of some competition until this is even a conversation. Maybe don't break out the balloons and party hats just yet, if something derails your man crush before then, you will look silly.

Back