Winning a belt in MW & LHW are incomparable to win a belt in LW & BW in 2020/2021

whileswimming.idrink

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Current level of talent/prospect in BW & LW way outweights MW and LHW since 2020 onwards.

Winning a belt in LHW and MW are incomparable to LW & BW.

All stars in lightweight are killers (exception for father time Tony), with many competent MMA grappling talents.

The same thing can be said with Bantamweight, stack from top to bottom, even killer like Raoni Barcelos is just started to climb the ladder.

Yeah, BW/LW and definitely deeper divisions these days. That's just how it works in the UFC though, some divisions are deeper than others, and it changes over time. LHW used to be where all the killers were, but now it's super shallow. I'm sure it'll be strong again at some point in the future. It is what it is, winning a belt in any division is still a huge accomplishment.

You can’t say that, it’s just stupid. The LHW champ just dismantled an undefeated becoming dominant MW champion. How are you going to call either of those guys shit? Neither guy appears like he’s going to lose any time soon.

Just a rubbish take that serves no good purpose for discussion. If you want to pump up the lower divisions. Do you need to be an asshole and shit on the higher weight divisions? Of course you don’t. But, you did anyway.

Is Oliveira some mythic long reigning champ that can’t be defeated? How about Aljo?

I agree with the most part however winning a belt in MW meaning beating izzy at his dominant weight class would be a feather in anyones cap.

Yeah, BW/LW and definitely deeper divisions these days. That's just how it works in the UFC though, some divisions are deeper than others, and it changes over time. LHW used to be where all the killers were, but now it's super shallow. I'm sure it'll be strong again at some point in the future. It is what it is, winning a belt in any division is still a huge accomplishment.
You can’t say that, it’s just stupid. The LHW champ just dismantled an undefeated becoming dominant MW champion. How are you going to call either of those guys shit? Neither guy appears like he’s going to lose any time soon.

Just a rubbish take that serves no good purpose for discussion. If you want to pump up the lower divisions. Do you need to be an asshole and shit on the higher weight divisions? Of course you don’t. But, you did anyway.
I agree with the most part however winning a belt in MW meaning beating izzy at his dominant weight class would be a feather in anyones cap.
The second coming of Jan and explosive Jiri are definitely two things those LHW got going and I'm all for it.

Regardless shark statuses among LW and BW shouldn't be look down.

What I want to say is this: The path to the belt/defend the belt in Lightweight and Bantamweight are way harder than LHW and MW division in 2020, 2021 and probably onward.

ps
Cant argue with you guys rn and i gtg now. but yeah i think those 2 divisions path to success are way harder. Too many killers in and outside the rank

HW is also very thin, just look at how many overweight brawlers they have every card

So many people here go overboard. The BW and LW divisions are deeper, we get it, that's obvious. Saying winning a belt in different divisions is "incomparable" just sounds f'ing stupid.
The path to the belt/defend the belt in Lightweight and Bantamweight are way harder than LHW and MW division in 2020, 2021 and probably onward.

For the sake Pound for Pound argument me thinks. More stacks with talent in and outside of the ranking. Even the latest unranked fight among the LWs, among the BWs had been fire if you had been watching.

MW & LHW are shit right now in the UFC

Dana did a terrible job scouting talent

So many people here go overboard. The BW and LW divisions are deeper, we get it, that's obvious. Saying winning a belt in different divisions is "incomparable" just sounds f'ing stupid.

Same shit different year. The bigger dudes get the smaller the talent pool is.

I'm honestly surprised they aren't already shitting on HW in this thread actively.

You'd usually see some nutjob bashing Stipe by this point.

blah blah fireman blah blah

Next thing you know they're gonna try to bash Don Frye.

Or call Akiyama unattractive.

Kids these days, no hespect.

The second coming of Jan and explosive Jiri are definitely two things those LHW got going and I'm all for it.

Regardless shark statuses among LW and BW shouldn't be look down.

What I want to say is this: The path to the belt/defend the belt in Lightweight and Bantamweight are way harder than LHW and MW division in 2020, 2021 and probably onward.

ps
Cant argue with you guys rn and i gtg now. but yeah i think those 2 divisions path to success are way harder. Too many killers in and outside the rank
In relative terms only.

In absolute terms, LHW and MW are much more difficult. If you don't believe me, try imagining how Oliveira would do at 205.

"Incomparable" lol. Settle down.

Last edited:
205 is no thinner now than it was when Jones took Rua's soul.

The path to the belt/defend the belt in Lightweight and Bantamweight are way harder than LHW and MW division in 2020, 2021 and probably onward.

For the sake Pound for Pound argument me thinks. More stacks with talent in and outside of the ranking. Even the latest unranked fight among the LWs, among the BWs had been fire if you had been watching.

Every single person on this website knows BW and LW are deeper than MW and LHW. You're just making a thread to bash MW and LHW, so it won't be received well. Saying winning titles in different weight classes is incomparable is still f'ing stupid though, no matter how you cut it. It's like saying they just aren't important titles.

High tier
Mid tier
low tier
Hw,205,185

Jon is legit only lhw this era.dc and jan won because Jon left.other divisions are hot potato

Current level of talent/prospect in BW & LW way outweights MW and LHW since 2020 onwards.

Winning a belt in LHW and MW are incomparable to LW & BW.

All stars in lightweight are killers (exception for father time Tony), with many competent MMA grappling talents.

The same thing can be said with Bantamweight, stack from top to bottom, even killer like Raoni Barcelos is just started to climb the ladder.
LW is shallow and weak.. Dustin is about to retire, Conor about to retire, Khabib is retired, Tony was overrated and about to retire... Who the fuck does LW have again?

205 is weak because Jones wiped it completely out

Shogun, TRT Vitor, TRT Rampage, Bader, Machida, Evans, Glover, Chael, Gus, DC…Most FINISHED, ALL fought in a ROW!

No Division has those many ex-UFC Champions and legends.

WW for the most part is rubbish currently as well. Other than Usman and Colby, you have a bunch of former 155 pounders and a bunch of way past prime has beens. Shame really given WW at one point was the primo division in the UFC.

205 is weak because Jones wiped it completely out

Shogun, TRT Vitor, TRT Rampage, Bader, Machida, Evans, Glover, Chael, Gus, DC…Most FINISHED, ALL fought in a ROW!

No Division has those many ex-UFC Champions and legends.

205 is weak because its weak, not because Jones beat a bunch of top guys. All the guys he beat are either old, retired or past prime. He fought most of them at their best but today, LHW is pretty rough.

Back