Winning a belt in MW & LHW are incomparable to win a belt in LW & BW in 2020/2021

Stats exist for all these claims. LW and WW are the deepest divisions, LW edging it. As the classes get further from that they get shallower and the women's are just laughable.

Charles Oliveira had to win 8 in a row to get a title shot and it's doubtful he's even the best fighter in the division. LW is way deeper than BW.

The second coming of Jan and explosive Jiri are definitely two things those LHW got going and I'm all for it.

Regardless shark statuses among LW and BW shouldn't be look down.

What I want to say is this: The path to the belt/defend the belt in Lightweight and Bantamweight are way harder than LHW and MW division in 2020, 2021 and probably onward.

ps
Cant argue with you guys rn and i gtg now. but yeah i think those 2 divisions path to success are way harder. Too many killers in and outside the rank

Yeah, and I saw all kinds of guys beating Anderson and Jones during their reigns.. you’re still fucking it all up. Whittaker lost his belt and has had to take out 3 top 5 I believe, guys to get back to his rematch with Izzy. What is so much easier about that than anything going on at LW, and BW? The top 2 contenders didn’t even just fight for the vacant LW belt. The new BW champion is riding what, a 4 fight win streak? And won the title by DQ.

It’s a fucking rubbish take, dude. Get real.

205 is weak because its weak, not because Jones beat a bunch of top guys. All the guys he beat are either old, retired or past prime. He fought most of them at their best but today, LHW is pretty rough.

That’s bullshit because Jones actually wiped out 2 generations of LHW’s. He beat the old school, then he beat the new school.

What’s your next crabs in a barrel excuse?! He didn’t wipe out 3 generations of LHW’s?!

That’s bullshit because Jones actually wiped out 2 generations of LHW’s. He beat the old school, then he beat the new school.

What’s your next crabs in a barrel excuse?! He didn’t wipe out 3 generations of LHW’s?!

Clearly you can't read., I said he beat them at their best and that the current roster is weak

Pay attention next time.

Current level of talent/prospect in BW & LW way outweights MW and LHW since 2020 onwards.

Winning a belt in LHW and MW are incomparable to LW & BW.

All stars in lightweight are killers (exception for father time Tony), with many competent MMA grappling talents.

The same thing can be said with Bantamweight, stack from top to bottom, even killer like Raoni Barcelos is just started to climb the ladder.

Adesanya >>>> Sterling or Yan and Oliveira

By a fucking mile. Based on that alone is it really harder or more valuable to hold the BW or LW title? The overall divisions historically, LW especially, are better sure. But it's also not like 185 sucks dick here either...

They just lost Romero he was part of the equation until recently. Adesanya is on pace to be an all-time great minus one up a weight class close fight loss. Whittaker is very good. Costa, Gastelum, Till, Brunson, Cannonier, Hermannson, etc.

Are Sandhagen, Sterling, Yan, old Aldo, Font, Chinny Garbrandt, old ass Edgar really "better" than ^

I think BW is better overall yes, but I think it's a bit overrated because it's so competitive with a lot of good fighters. MW has 1-2 great fighters. Does BW have a single "Great" fighter?

Clearly you can't read., I said he beat them at their best and that the current roster is weak

Pay attention next time.

Pay attention to a flaming hot Cheetos finger couch warrior?!

No thank you, I’ll just ignore your bum ass next time.

Lightweight?

Their champ just retired, how could it not be easier when the dominant best guy disappears?

Normally that would be an indication that the belt is up for grabs.

And Bantamweight? I would argue there's no one good at Bantamweight since Cejudo retired. Belt is completely up for grabs, currently being held by a guy who won it on a fluke.

Back