Would Izzy have success with other fighters at 205lbs?

The Chosen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Jan is just too big and carries too much power for Izzy to deal with, but could Adesanya defeat any of the other top LHWs? That division is like a shark tank of talented and powerful strikers, would Izzy want to take another dive in it? Prochazka, Reyes, Ankalaev, etc are tough matchups for him

Imo no. He looked ok yesterday vs vettori, but then vetorri looked pretty bad.

Izzy wouldn't even be top 20 in the LHW. I think that some top WW like Khabib, Khamzat or Nate could beat him too.

Who knows.

I think Izzy's (small) size could become very problematic, especially since 205ers of today are often quite big.

After all, Izzy barely cuts weight for 185.

Jan is just too big and carries too much power for Izzy to deal with, but could Adesanya defeat any of the other top LHWs? That division is like a shark tank of talented and powerful strikers, would Izzy want to take another dive in it? Prochazka, Reyes, Ankalaev, etc are tough matchups for him
There's a reason Izzy fights at MW.
I think these new breeds of LHWs are too big for Izzy. The division has gotten a whole lot bigger since the likes of Machida, Shogun, Rashad and 'em. Pretty much small HWs coming to LHW now.

I don't like his frame for 205 at all. Just like I've always said that Jon Jones would not be nearly as successful at HW as he was at 205. Size matters, and at this level of the game it matters a lot. And Jones and Adesanya simply aren't built for heavier weight divisions. It's simply a stupid idea. Could Izzy beat some guys at 205? Yes, of course he could. But why be mediocre at 205 when you can be great at 185? Plus, you just increase the risk of starting to slur your words at some point. Look at James Toney.

No. Not everybody can move up and succeed there. Many more times than not, fighters will hit a wall when moving up permanently or for 2 + fights.

Israel gets spanked at LHW. That doesn’t mean he sucks, most guys out there would struggle a division 20+lbs above. There comes a point where skills can’t make up for power and size.

I don't like his frame for 205 at all. Just like I've always said that Jon Jones would not be nearly as successful at HW as he was at 205. Size matters, and at this level of the game it matters a lot. And Jones and Adesanya simply aren't built for heavier weight divisions. It's simply a stupid idea. Could Izzy beat some guys at 205? Yes, of course he could. But why be mediocre at 205 when you can be great at 185? Plus, you just increase the risk of starting to slur your words at some point. Look at James Toney.
All good points. And as regards Jon Jones, he is taking the time to up his size. Izzy would have to do the same, assuming it will work for Jon Jones.

For me it's 50/50 against Jiri, underdog against Ankalaev, underdog vs Jan II, favorite against anyone else.

Dude is tiny even for MW. LHWs are literally 30-40 lbs bigger.

That division is like a shark tank of talented and powerful strikers, would Izzy want to take another dive in it?
I dont think so, atleast not untill he bulks up.

Izzy vs Jiri would be insane, i'd pay to see that fight
Jiri is actually capable of making 185. So there is real chance that we will see their "superfight" in future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back