Movsar Evloev vs. Hakeem Dawodu - who wins?

Kratos94

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
So, we have a pretty good battle of prospects here: Movsar Evloev (14-0) vs. Hakeem Dawodu (12-1-1).

Evloev is known as a cardio machine and is one of the best prospects in the UFC right now; he is very well-rounded, but has success with slick boxing and great wrestling (and counter-wrestling) - he has been somewhat of a decision machine, but he has inflicted a lot of damage due to his heavy jabs and straights, and he is definitely a 'building fighter'; meaning that he gets better as the fight goes on.

Not the best video, but here is Evloev's last fight vs. Nik Lentz:

Dawodu is more of a striker with pretty good takedown defense. He had a good career in muay thai beforehand and won some high level match-ups internationally. I haven't watched any of his fights, so I can't really tell...
Here is a highlight:

I digress, good prospect fight - who are you picking to win?

War Mean Hakeem, Canada's only hope for a champ in the foreseeable future.

He's an extremely fast slick striker and has had some success, but I get the feeling he hasn't fully reached his potential yet. He's mostly been squeaking by winning close decisions. Needs a big performance and a finish to really put himself on the map and get a chance at the top 10 in the FW division.

I'm going with the more evolved fighter Evloev

Hakeem is a super tough, super quick striker. His TDD will be tested against Evloev, and that will determine the fight imo

Hakeem is a 2-1 underdog right now which I do not agree with at all. This is a very close fight on paper.

I don't see evloev losing until he starts facing top 10 guys

Hakeem is ok, don't think he will ever reach he upper echelon. Evloev is still a work in progress, but I see potential. I would take Evloev.

evloev is kinda small for fw. as some have already said, it all depends on whether hakeem can defend the td or not. He seems to have good tdd but evloev is pretty good.

I don't see evloev losing until he starts facing top 10 guys
I am not sure if he'd ever become champion, but I could see him beating Barboza, Burgos, Emmett, Kattar, Chikadze, Allen, Ige, Yusuff, TKZ and Rodriguez. The top 3 would be tough, but we really need Evloev to be in a five round fight.

So, we have a pretty good battle of prospects here: Movsar Evloev (14-0) vs. Hakeem Dawodu (12-1-1).

Evloev is known as a cardio machine and is one of the best prospects in the UFC right now; he is very well-rounded, but has success with slick boxing and great wrestling (and counter-wrestling) - he has been somewhat of a decision machine, but he has inflicted a lot of damage due to his heavy jabs and straights, and he is definitely a 'building fighter'; meaning that he gets better as the fight goes on.

Dawodu is more of a striker with pretty good takedown defense. He had a good career in muay thai beforehand and won some high level match-ups internationally. I haven't watched any of his fights, so I can't really tell...
Here is a highlight:

I think I like Dawodu here but really this is a good stylistic match up for Evloev. Evloev has shown a weakness against strong offensive grapplers -- this should be a nice display to see how he does against someone willing to go toe to toe against him. Dawodu is a clean striker but often compromises his defense.

Hakeem just beat Tuhkugov who is a more powerful version of Evloev

Here is a highlight:

I think Evloev but this is a prospect killing fight. Dawdou has a chance I guess but Evloev is real tough

Dawodu is like a better version of Melvin Guillard overall and looks spectacular sometimes but shows his weaknesses vs good competition. Evloev will be too good overall for him I think, but it's a great fight. I, like someone else mentioned, think Dawodu has a lot more potential that he hasn't reached yet. Evloev is already pretty awesome everywhere and mixes it together beautifully, which is one of Dawodu's biggest problems.

Hakeem just beat Tuhkugov who is a more powerful version of Evloev
Kind of? Tukhugov is worse in every facet - especially cardio and striking - than Evloev. He doesn't have a functional striking game, except his random moments of athleticism, he gasses hard in every fight that goes past the first round and his takedown game isn't close to Evloev's.

I'd say that Evloev is more like Edgar in some ways, a better grappler and wrestler (especially against the cage) and making strides in his boxing and footwork.

Back