Media Beautiful respect moment between Edson Barboza and Shane Burgos backstage

Gotta love both guys. Was rooting for Edson and everytime he engaged I got scared but always kinda sad seeing guys you like getting KOed. that's the sport though.

Burgos is a punching bag and takes 3 years of damage every fight. It was just a matter of time before he got knocked out cold. You can't keep relying on your chin

Always good to see things like this in MMA.

Burgos is a punching bag and takes 3 years of damage every fight. It was just a matter of time before he got knocked out cold. You can't keep relying on your chin

I agree, but it's very frustrating cause he has a ton of skill and athleticism. If he fixed up his defense he'd be a top 3 fighter in his division IMO. It may be too late with the damage he's taken, but he's still surprising durable. I don't know a lot of fighters at FW who could've taken Barboza's leg kicks for that long.

So nice to see. Thanks for sharing man :)

GIF-12-4-2020-7-01-15-PM.gif

That had to be so scary if you were Burgos..

He still doesn’t know what happened

Burgos took this lost super hard. Way harder than any else of his losses. I hope he can string together some victories man

You gotta feel for Shane, but very kind words from Barboza. All class from both.

Mad respect for these warriors who go through so much.
<mma1>

Edson always seemed like a good dude. Great fight to open the main card. Props to both.

Barboza is a great person and absolute warrior, i thought before he would become what Oliviera is today
You still never know in MMA. He is arguably 3-0 in the division, just beat #9, and matches up pretty well with some of the top guys.

Great to see. Was an amazing fight. Edson is one of my favorite fighters but I like Shane as well so it's a damn shame one of them had to lose.

I really think Shane has the talent to be a top contender. He just gets hit too damn much and his window is closing.

Burgos took this lost super hard. Way harder than any else of his losses. I hope he can string together some victories man

Yes it hit me when Shane starts tearing up in the video. Also, what's impressive though is all his losses in the UFC so far has been awarded FOTN

Back