Where do you rank Timothy Johnson?

Dijardo

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
So UFC veteran Timothy Johnson is fighting Valentin Moldavsky (10-1) for the interim Bellator belt next month. His run so far:
was ko'd by Kongo
was ko'd by Minakov
knocked out Fortune (8-0)
knocked out Mitrione
went split decision in a rematch with Kongo

Hypothetically, where do you put him in current UFC rankings given he already has wins over #7 Shamil Abdurakhimov and #11 Marcin Tybura? Do you see any favorable matchups for him?

wkkbMh2.png

could be anywhere from 6-15, wouldn't beat anyone in the top 4 (maybe Lewis) and even though Johnson did really well wrestling and holding Volkov against the fence, i think Uber Volkov would make it a much harder task and would get the KO in a rematch

He got his arse kicked by one of the worst HW's I've seen in recent years in the UFC, Junior Albini. For reference, Albini got finished by Maurice Greene (9-7) who has just been cut by the UFC after losing 4 of his last 5 fights. Johnson is fucking average, it's laughable the state on the Bellator HW division. Greene will be in Bellator by the summer!

He is Ngannou sparring partner ! He is top 15 for sur, but for me last fight with Kongo was controversial !

So UFC veteran Timothy Johnson is fighting Valentin Moldavsky (10-1) for the interim Bellator belt next month. His run so far:
was ko'd by Kongo
was ko'd by Minakov
knocked out Mitrione

Hypothetically, where do you put him in current UFC rankings given he already has wins over #7 Shamil Abdurakhimov and #11 Marcin Tybura? Do you see any favorable matchups for him?

wkkbMh2.png
Honestly not particularly high but I love Timothy Johnson -- just a regular ass wrestler in MMA with a bad ass mustache -- pretty self aware dude, very relatable and likeable with a great sense of humor, easy to root for. I actually felt he defeated Volkov when they fought. I can see him cracking the top 15 but I feel that Aspinall and Daukaus would give him some issues; Walt Harris as well even if he can prevent a few takedowns. Johnson packs a whallop though and is a well experienced vet at this point. He is not an easy fight for anyone, really.

was ko'd by Kongo
was ko'd by Minakov
knocked out Mitrione

wkkbMh2.png
He gets overlooked because he is not the most exciting fighter, but he would still be Top 15 in UFC.

Why is Minakov not fighting for the belt? That guy is an idiot. He could have made a lot of money in the UFC or hell in Bellator but he never fights. Heavyweights are all bad even in the UFC and they are all well paid, really well paid. Maybe now wouldn't beat Ngannou but he could have beaten Miocic a couple of years ago, definitely top 3.

Why is Minakov not fighting for the belt? That guy is an idiot. He could have made a lot of money in the UFC or hell in Bellator but he never fights. Heavyweights are all bad even in the UFC and they are all well paid, really well paid. Maybe now wouldn't beat Ngannou but he could have beaten Miocic a couple of years ago, definitely top 3.

He's having issues with his visa and I suspect he's avoiding title fights in Bellator because I don't think he wants to get hit with a champions clause. Not sure how many fights he has left on his deal but he's wanted out for years.

No, he wouldn't beat the Stipe who beat Cormier twice. Minakov couldn't even beat Kongo in the rematch--a UFC gatekeeper who was well over 40 at the time.

HW is in sad shape everywhere, but Bellator is really bad. We're talking about an org where a very old Kongo went 11-1 at one point and his only loss was to King Mo--a guy who could've fought at MW.

He's having issues with his visa and I suspect he's avoiding title fights in Bellator because I don't think he wants to get hit with a champions clause. Not sure how many fights he has left on his deal but he's wanted out for years.

He's wanted out for what....to fight even worse bums in M-1?

He's wanted out for what....to fight even worse bums in M-1?

He wanted to come to the UFC, but he wasn't allowed to under his contract, but his contract did let him fight in M1 or FNG

Reactions: mkt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back