Where do you rank Timothy Johnson?

No, he wouldn't beat the Stipe who beat Cormier twice. Minakov couldn't even beat Kongo in the rematch--a UFC gatekeeper who was well over 40 at the time.
Maybe he is past his prime now. I imagine is hard to find motivation to train with the opponents he has had, I'm sure he doesn't get paid much either, must have another job. He beat Kongo and Volkov in 2014, he could have beaten Stipe or Werdum then.

He was undefeated for so many years on a shit division. I mean you trash Kongo but 2021 Kongo would be a top 10 in UFC lol. Didn't he beat Sakai? UFC division is garbage. Always has been. Minakov could have been a champ

Probably top 10. He's not spectacular but a steady vet in a division without a lot of talent.

Maybe he is past his prime now. I imagine is hard to find motivation to train with the opponents he has had, I'm sure he doesn't get paid much either, must have another job. He beat Kongo and Volkov in 2014, he could have beaten Stipe or Werdum then.

He was undefeated for so many years on a shit division. I mean you trash Kongo but 2021 Kongo would be a top 10 in UFC lol. Didn't he beat Sakai? UFC division is garbage. Always has been. Minakov could have been a champ

Minakov would still be a credible threat to Ngannou even now.

I've always liked Tim Johnson, to me he's the ultimate test for up and coming HWs since he he can wrestle and box, and is fairly big and (usually) durable.

Kongo left the UFC after losing 2 of his last 3 fights by 1st round KO. I'm not trashing him but stating the truth--he never sniffed a UFC title shot in his prime years but was king of Bellator in his 40s. That tells you all you need to know. As for Minakov beating Stipe and Werdum in 2014, that's simply conjecture based on nothing. His best wins were old Kongo and Volkov. Stipe and Werdum were much better fighters than either of them in 2014.

On the subject of guys called T Johnson.

Who would win in a fight between Tim Johnson and Tony Johnson?

No. look at what the ghost of Kongo did to minakov. Ngannou would KO him in the first round with a jab.

Minakov said he was ill for that fight and based on the rest of his performances I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kongo left the UFC after losing 2 of his last 3 fights by 1st round KO. I'm not trashing him but stating the truth--he never sniffed a UFC title shot in his prime years but was king of Bellator in his 40s. That tells you all you need to know. As for Minakov beating Stipe and Werdum in 2014, that's simply conjecture based on nothing. His best wins were old Kongo and Volkov. Stipe and Werdum were much better fighters than either of them in 2014.
\
No. look at what the ghost of Kongo did to minakov. Ngannou would KO him in the first round with a jab.

this shit is funny, dude was coming off of a 2 year layoff and had one of the worst performances of his career and got robbed in a decision lmao

Dude proceeded to beat the ever loving shit out of the guy this thread is about

Minakov said he was ill for that fight and based on the rest of his performances I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Even then he would still get absolutely destroyed by ngannou . No version of minakov stand a chance a against the predator.

Reactions: mkt
Even then he would still get absolutely destroyed by ngannou . No version of minakov stand a chance a against the predator.

I dunno dude, he hits hard himself, hasn't ever looked hurt that I can recall and has great wrestling if he can engage in it. Different type of wrestling to Stipe too.

I dunno dude, he hits hard himself, hasn't ever looked hurt that I can recall and has great wrestling if he can engage in it. Different type of wrestling to Stipe too.
Most of minakov takedowns are upper-body takedowns. And that's the worst way to try to someone like ngannou down.

And while minakov is decent on the feet, he's nowhere near ngannou. He would get KO'd the moment he swing with Francis.

Reactions: mkt
Most of minakov takedowns are upper-body takedowns. And that's the worst way to try to someone like ngannou down.

And while minakov is decent on the feet, he's nowhere near ngannou. He would get KO'd the moment he swing with Francis.

We'll see if they ever fight I guess. I'm not confident in it, I would favour Francis, but I think Minakov is a live dog.

Well he weighs above 205 so naturally he’s a ranked heavyweight since the division is dogshit

LOL "Conjure based on nothing" and yet you were the one claiming that "he wouldn't beat Stipe" as if it was some fact. I guess that statement backfired now, uh?

And don't read me his record on wikipedia pretending it to mean something. Watch his fights and then talk. Watch Sakai fights, Watch Ronzetruik fights, watch the fights of UFC heavyweights. Heavyweights are garbage in both Bellator and UFC. 45 yo Kongo would do fine in the top 10 of UFC today just like Overeem was doing fine until he got cut.

I’m looking at this UFC top 15 and 5 of them used to fight in Bellator... so I’m struggling to see what your point is?

Back