Valentina Shevchenko and her crucifix positions

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I noticed she always does it to all her opponentes but when she first started in the UFC she usually went for the americana and ended up losing the position, now she keeps punching them in that position and she's been finishing girls like that.

She put Amanda Nunes on a crucifix position but ended up going for americana and lost the position, yeah that was like her UFC debut so she didn't have that much experience, she said later on in a interview that she regrets going for the kimura because she would have finished Nunes if she would have kept punching her in the face

ePIt_8.gif

Same with Jessica Eye

DJtmpU.gif

Cachoeira can relate to that treatment as well

N0dber.gif

Then she almost did it to Joanna but props to Joanna due to her very good defense

_gncig.gif

Then she's been finishing girls with that same technique, she's definitely improved.

Chookagian

Rvg6Zd.gif

Jessica Andrade

rBaoPf.gif

I bet you she's gonna keep finishing girls with that same technique, she's very good at it

Last edited:
She knows refs (other than Yamasaki) will stop it early if she gets them stuck in the crucifix and drops pitter patter shots.

I noticed she always does it to all her opponentes but when she first started in the UFC she usually went for the kimura and ended up losing the position, now she keeps punching them in that position and she's been finishing girls like that.

She put Amanda Nunes on a crucifix position but ended up going for the kimura and lost the position, yeah that was like her UFC debut so she didn't have that much experience, she said later on in a interview that she regrets going for the kimura because she would have finished Nunes if she would have kept punching her in the face

ePIt_8.gif

Same with Jessica Eye

DJtmpU.gif

N0dber.gif

Then she almost did it to Joanna but props to Joanna due to her very good defense

_gncig.gif

Then she's been finishing girls with that same technique, she's definitely improved.

Chookagian

Rvg6Zd.gif

Jessica Andrade

rBaoPf.gif

I bet you she's gonna keep finishing girls with that same technique, she's very good at it
Good analysis TS, thank you finally a good thread.

Also isn't it by far the simpler solution to just gnp in that position?

Reminds me of how often a headlock throw into kesa gatame position works in WMMA

Lol at Joanna’s “very good defense”, looks like she watched a lot of Ultimate Surrender vids

I noticed she always does it to all her opponentes but when she first started in the UFC she usually went for the kimura and ended up losing the position, now she keeps punching them in that position and she's been finishing girls like that.

She put Amanda Nunes on a crucifix position but ended up going for the kimura and lost the position, yeah that was like her UFC debut so she didn't have that much experience, she said later on in a interview that she regrets going for the kimura because she would have finished Nunes if she would have kept punching her in the face

ePIt_8.gif

Same with Jessica Eye

DJtmpU.gif

N0dber.gif

_gncig.gif

Chookagian

Rvg6Zd.gif

Jessica Andrade

rBaoPf.gif

THE jessica eye???

Not really early if they're trapped in an inescapable position and taking unanswered blows. Plus those elbows were doing real damage

We can agree to disagree. Majority of crucifix stoppages in mma are early in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back