Media Will Brooks stuffing all of Michael Chandler's takedown attempts

Will had Mike's number. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't perform under the bright lights and underwhelmed.
It goes without saying I think Mike is the better fighter but I posted this and someone brought up a point that I was thinking about. Why don't some American wrestlers go for sweeps? Gregor was the same way last night. He could have swept cdf a couple of times but he elected to go for the more energy, explosive driven takedowns.

It goes without saying I think Mike is the better fighter but I posted this and someone brought up a point that I was thinking about. Why don't some American wrestlers go for sweeps? Gregor was the same way last night. He could have swept cdf a couple of times but he elected to go for the more energy, explosive driven takedowns.

I agree with you on both fronts. It's probably some mixture of stubbornness and autopilot.

Brooks is the better fighter head to head but he shit the bed when he got to the UFC. Still weird to me how hard he fell off.

Hes the biggest bust ever IMO. Most other fighters ppl call busts already had a ton of wear and tear, injuries and fights in the game when they got into UFC. And were already well into their 30s.

Brooks was 17-1, only fought pro for 5 years, no injury history and just turned 30yo. He was the definition of a bust.

Brooks is bigger and stronger and more athletic than Charles.

Maybe more than anyone remaining at UFC lightweight.

There is no big strong physical guys there anymore, aside from Chandler.

Meanwhile Welterweight has the Usman Beast.

Brooks is the better fighter head to head but he shit the bed when he got to the UFC. Still weird to me how hard he fell off.
I thought the first fight was a toss up and the second fight, it looks like Chandler wasn't the same Chandler after watching a few of his last fights. I think dude was extremely gassed which led to poor fighting IQ decisions in the cage. I think if they fight today, Chandler probably beats him

Brooks is bigger and stronger and more athletic than Charles.

Maybe more than anyone remaining at UFC lightweight.

There is no big strong physical guys there anymore, aside from Chandler.

Meanwhile Welterweight has the Usman Beast.
Kevin Lee. Dober. Islam.

Those are all physical guys.

Too bad dover can't grapple though. He looks big for a lightweight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back