Charles Oliviera is El Cucuy Mk 2 - He gonna f--- you up

BangBang

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Been watching some of Charles Oliviera's past fights and I can't believe I never really made the connection - He fights very much like Tony Ferguson. His relentless forward movement. Front kicks, left and right hooks to takedowns, elbows from the clinch. The similarities are uncanny. All with the bonus of having grade fucking A BJJ.

El Cucuy's evident decline has been sad to watch unfold these last few fights, but I have renewed hope......El Cucu mark 2 is here.

Chandler you're dead.

Last edited:
They are quite the opposite actually.

Tony Ferguson is not as technically sound. He is a great submission artist with relentless pressure and heart but his striking(although effective) is sloppy and he lacks wrestling.

Oliveira is like a prodigy. He can do everything and he can do it perfectly. His striking looks good, his grappling is off the charts and his wrestling has improved tremendously. However, what's always haunted him in the past is his toughness. He seems to break when under pressure.

Michael Chandler will put him out
SharpBasicGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

I’ve never seen Tony Ferguson quit, his body quit before he was stopped against Gaethje.
Can you say the same for Olivera? Because we’ve seen him quit multiple times.

Last edited:
Oliveira is legit and has improved dramatically over the years. Maybe he proves me wrong and dominates Chandler, but from what I’ve seen he is a front runner just like Softinho Burns. Once shit gets hard and it’s all about heart and grit, he just crumbles like a chips ahoy cookie. He can be broken like many times before.

Chandler via KO M1!

He's one of the worst matchups possible for him stylistically and he's riding great momentum and is more motivated than ever. This Chandler is going to be a threat to anyone in the division and Oliveira isn't a true top guy.

Michael Chandler will put him out
SharpBasicGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

That muscle midget. Pffffft! He's a scary dude but at the end of the day he's a Manlet.

No, I respect Chandler, obviously a good fighter and very exolosive. I prefer more guile. He's all power.

He's one of the worst matchups possible for him stylistically and he's riding great momentum and is more motivated than ever. This Chandler is going to be a threat to anyone in the division and Oliveira isn't a true top guy.

Unfair. What is it now 8 fight win streak? He's got a fantastic all round game.

He is understated unlike extroverts like Chandler's you're underestimating Da Bronx.

Look if you're not going to play ball GTFO!

Only Joking!!! They're not identical obviously but they have a similar flow to their styles. I like it!
Yea they are definitely similar. In all fairness to Charlie olives he is clearly a better submission artists and wrestler than tony.

Unfair. What is it now 8 fight win streak. He's got a fantastic all round game.

He is understated unlike extroverts like Chandler's you're underestimating Da Bronx.

Win streak isn't that great in all honesty dude. Ferguson, weight drained Lee - bunch of journeymen. This is a much taller task than any of those guys.

True, plus Oliveira want to avoid him,
but Chandler is already ones again,
in front of him! What a Champ-dler !!!

Back