July 10th do or die for McGregor?

DebtCollectorMMA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The guy is 3-3 in his last 6. He's already in Lobov / Journeyman territory. I personally think he should continue fighting, but not against the top 5. The facade is up. He has made his money. He should either retire, or accept that he has no business fighting for the title. Fun fights should be the move going forward.

He should fight Jake next if things don't go his way in July.

Not Really.

Even as a gatekeeper, which could still take 2-3 bad losses, he would still have a place in UFC and in many many fans hearts.

No.

Danar will set him up with some journeyman and he will win and be right back in the title picture if he wants.

Conor is the champ champ. He will never be considered a journeyman. Conor transcended the sport. Keep crying haters.

Nope. he will be around for as long as he wants. Strike him down and his fans will become more annoying than you could ever have imagined.

WAAAH WUUUUUNNNNN WIIIIIIIII SSSSHHH.

Reactions: HHJ
A loss would eliminate the tiny bit of credit he still has as a legitimate title contender. But he’ll still be the biggest star in the sport and will still have plenty of fun money fights available if he wants.

Diaz 3, Cowboy 2, Siver 2, for the 145, 155, and 170 titles. Stip the current champs. Only logical move

The guy is 3-3 in his last 6. He's already in Lobov / Journeyman territory. I personally think he should continue fighting, but not against the top 5. The facade is up. He has made his money. He should either retire, or accept that he has no business fighting for the title. Fun fights should be the move going forward.

He should fight Jake next if things don't go his way in July.

I agree that this upcoming fight is important to him, and that he needs a win badly. McGregor's obnoxious schtick only works when he wins. But when you say McGregor's a journeyman or like Lobov, that comes off as really ignorant. It is just not true.

Weird saying that losing to Khabib and Poirier makes one a journeyman. That's an extreme take, IMO.

His only tools are to stand-n-bang. His style isnt working on the larger foes either

if he loses again he's done. nobody buying tickets or paying ppv to watch a shot fighter.

Well he could still do pretty big fights, probably not 1m ppv anymore, but what's left of his elite status would really come to an end there.

Conor could lose his next 10 and still sell a million PPV's. I'm hoping after the Dustin fight to see Max vs Conor.

For MMA yes, but I don't know how many fights he has left in his contract. He can still go into boxing and look for fights there but he may have to fight out his contract in the UFC. If he loses I don't see him wanting to try and climb up the ranks again. He'll most likely go after fights with Diaz or try 170 and go for a fight with Masvidal or Colby. I don't think he'll stay in 155 if he loses the trilogy fight.

I can see him going for boxing pay days after UFC. He can still go after a Mayweather rematch and try to renegotiate the Pacquaio fight that fell through after his loss to Dustin, can also do a Paulie boxing grudge match, etc. He'll have some options for some pay days in boxing.

Conor was the man back in 2014-2016. Between his long layoffs, nice guy act and getting ktfo by Dustin, the magic is def gone.

It was fun while it lasted though.

Back