POLL: Is Rose/Weili the real main event?

Is Rose vs. Zhang the people's main event?

• Total voters

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
E7911F33-FB2B-4096-9098-9EA63E7E04B6.jpeg Mods can you add a poll?

I don’t care at all about this rematch. I expect Usman to son Jorge again. Zzzzzzz....

On the other hand I am intrigued by the SW title fight. A guaranteed high volume stand up banger. And it’s anybody’s guess who is going to take the gold. I keep going back and forth on this one.

I feel like Rose/Weili is the people’s main event. Where do you stand?

D9B5F990-1DD6-4E09-AE01-809850D2A4CE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd like to agree but maybe this kind of thing would be best discussed after the fights actually happened.

Or have our expectations not been overturned enough?

Great fight for sure. But damn, what does Usman have to do to get some hype around him. I guess he is just one of those guys like Cormier that people dont like throughout his career. Even with wins. But when you have personalities like Masvidal I guess its hard to get behind Usman.

I'm excited for Usman because he is an all time great fighter. A couple more wins and he will enter the 170 GOAT talks. Plus he doesn't get enough credit his fights against Burns and Colby were fantastic.

It's the only one i'm looking forward to tbh. Two of my favorite female fighters.

View attachment 848886 Mods can you add a poll?

I don’t care at all about this rematch. I expect Usman to son Jorge again. Zzzzzzz....

On the other hand I am intrigued by the SW title fight. A guaranteed high volume stand up banger. And it’s anybody’s guess who is going to take the gold. I keep going back and forth on this one.

I feel like Rose/Weili is the people’s main event. Where do you stand?

View attachment 848887
Here's where I stand...
WuShu is garbage and a lie we all grew up watching Shao Lin monks being "THE THING"! It's a fucking lie and Rose will expose it this weekend! Waaaar Rose!!!!

Great fight for sure. But damn, what does Usman have to do to get some hype around him. I guess he is just one of those guys like Cormier that people dont like throughout his career. Even with wins. But when you have personalities like Masvidal I guess its hard to get behind Usman.

I'm excited for Usman because he is an all time great fighter. A couple more wins and he will enter the 170 GOAT talks. Plus he doesn't get enough credit his fights against Burns and Colby were fantastic.

I love Usman. No one on Sherdog goes harder for African fighters than me but this rematch is... well... meh.

Full camp masvidal should make it more entertaining. Imagine how butthurt Valentina is for being under Weili. To answer your question: kind of, yeah. The jorge mas fight is clearly just a money grab fight not based on anything else.

The only way this wont be the best fight is if Mas somehow KO's Usman dead. So unlikely.

To me and many other people it is.

I can understand the WW title fight being the main event, since it has a long and prestigious history. But Masvidal doesn't deserve this title shot, and the fight will most likely be lopsided.

Zhang-Namajunas is one of the most compelling matchups in WMMA history, and is pretty much guaranteed to be a great fight for however long it lasts.

I can't wait.

Have no interest in WMMA other than Shevchenko and Nunes, but even then I'm more interested in watching mediocre male fighters.

I love Usman. No one on Sherdog goes harder for African fighters than me but this rematch is... well... meh.
If Masvidal comes in better shape with a good game plan he will have a better chance at keeping it a striking match, which is where the fight gets interesting. Masvidal will drag Usman into deep waters striking.

Usman-Masvidal is the main event. Jorge deserves the chance to have a full camp and he saved the card last July.

Weili-Rose will be great though.

Usman is the best fighter for on the card and Masvidal is the only draw on the card.

So no, I can’t say from either perspective that Weili/Rose is the main event.

I do look forward to Weili/Rose though.

Most interesting fight on the card for sure. Much more competitive on paper than the other title fights. Had they booked Usman against Colby, Edwards, or Thompson it would have been more interesting but they went for the cash grab and least interesting fight.

No doubt about it. I understand the business side of it and so on, so Masvidal/Usman have to be the main event. Regardless, the people’s choice is definitely Weili/Rose. That’s the only fight in that night where the outcome in a sense isn’t “predetermined”. We all know how Valentina and Usman are going to perform.

Weili and Rose have all the tools in place stylistically to put on an absolute classic and beautiful display of what MMA is. The other fights are just completely lopsided fights with huge gaps between the fighters.

Back