Who Should Get the Next Title Shot, Vettori or Whittaker?

Who Should Get the Title Fight Next?

• Total voters

Substance Abuse

The Best is Blessed Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
After winning their last fight, each called for a title shot. Both are on good win streaks. Who do you think should fight Izzy next?

marvin-vettori.jpg

Here is Vettori talking to ESPN's Okamoto:
Eyp0MNvWYAAcITj.jpeg

Here's an interview with Rob on his status after beating Gastelum:

1313057939.0.jpg

“I’ve fought nothing but No. 1 contenders,” said Whittaker, who’s beaten Darren Till, Jared Cannonier and now Kelvin Gastelum since losing his belt to current champ Israel Adesanya. “I’ve already ran the gauntlet. Everybody that had a title shot if they beat me, I beat. That’s it.

“I like Marvin, I guess. He’s alright. But I think there’s fights he still needs to make. I don’t think he’s fought the top three dudes, the top five dudes, really. But he can wait his turn. Let me have my fight, and then he can fight the winner of that. Relax.”

Whittaker isn’t bothered too much by the eagerness of Vettori, or the verbal jabs of Adesanya, who immediately weighed in on UFC Vegas 24’s outcome with a little reminder of his dominance.

On Izzy's tweet not bothering him:

“I’ve played video games my entire life. I’m no stranger to trash talk,” Whittaker said. “Honestly, he gets to do it. He won the last fight between us, so I’ve guess it was coming, right? It’s just him being him, I guess.”

Link:https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/4/...el-adesanya-rematch-gives-jake-paul-his-props

Last edited:
This is according to rankings at the time the fight occurred.

Whittaker beat #2, #4, and #8 since his last fight with Izzy.

Vettori beat #4, #10, and 3 unranked guys since his last fight with Izzy.

So Whittaker has more ranked wins and the highest ranked win. Seems pretty open and shut to me.

Bobby for sure. Who has Vettori beat??

Whittaker without a doubt.

Rob has my vote. I'm looking forward to the rematch style wise and imo he earned it more though the better run of wins against high ranked opponents. I'm not that excited for a Vettori rematch to be honest.

Yeah I don't think Marvin should get a title shot after beating Holland lol. But he should probably get the next one after Whittaker.

I think the claim of those few picking Vettori is how close his fight with Izzy was and that he has a longer streak.
But a win over Holland is deserving??

whittaker has basically cleaned the division out.

I would be okay with Whittaker fighting hump dog Vettori for the #1 spot. Whittaker has improved a bunch and deserves it. He looked fantastic last night. Pin point accuracy. Cardio for days. Whittaker was clearly on another level.

After that dumb tweet by Izzy I hope Whittaker takes his head off. So stupid what he tweeted. He is sounding like Jon jones now.

BTW: Up until that ridiculously childish tweet I was an Izzy fan.

I would be okay with Whittaker fighting hump dog Vettori for the #1 spot. Whittaker has improved a bunch and deserves it. He looked fantastic last night. Pin point accuracy. Cardio for days. Whittaker was clearly on another level.

After that dumb tweet by Izzy I hope Whittaker takes his head off. So stupid what he tweeted. He is sounding like Jon jones now.

BTW: Up until that ridiculously childish tweet I was an Izzy fan.
No he'll make vettori look like he doesnt belong in there. Whittaker has too much weapons for vettori to handle.

Back